• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to connect to BlazeDS server destination (get "┴└" Server Error)

Jun 30, 2010 Jun 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to connect on Flash Builder 4 to my BlazeDS RDS server, and after being prompted for RDS username/password (which I mark as not required) I get a Server error window with the useless following error text "┴└". (or some characters that look like those).

I'm pretty sure I've everything well configured because if I go to my browser and try to reach:

https://localhost:8443/myServer/CFIDE/main/ide.cfm

I get the "HTTP Status 405 - HTTP method GET is not supported by this URL" which is supposed to be telling you things are up and working.

My JEE configuration is: JBoss 5, Spring 3, spring-flex 1.0.3, blazeds 3.2.0.3978

I think my configuration pretty much follows all manuals I found in the internet, including this one:

http://www.jamesward.com/2010/01/11/flash-builder-4-data-wizards-with-java-spring/

When I set the flex server, server location, I''ve set:

Root folder: c:\jboss-5.0.1.GA\server\default\deploy\myServer.war   ( <---- is an exploded war)

Root URL: https://localhost:8443/myServer

Context root: /myServer

Output folder: c:\jboss-5.0.1.GA\server\default\deploy\myServer.war\apk-debug

My services-config.xml on JEE has the following conf, in case it is relevant:

<channel-definition id="my-amf" class="mx.messaging.channels.SecureAMFChannel">
        <endpoint url="https://{server.name}:{server.port}/{context.root}/messagebroker/amf" class="flex.messaging.endpoints.AMFEndpoint"/>
        <properties>
            <add-no-cache-headers>false</add-no-cache-headers>
        </properties>
    </channel-definition>

Any idea of what that this error means? What shall I do to connect my Flex project to the services? I've been googling for three days, but didn't find anything...

Thank you very much indeed for your time

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 29, 2010 Jul 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 29, 2010 Jul 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it doesn't.

I corrected the error endpoint class from "flex.messaging.endpoints.AMFEndpoint" to class="flex.messaging.endpoints.SecureAMFEndpoint", but still the problem is happening.

My application is working actually. The problem is just that I can't use the Data/Services tab on FlashBuilder, because when I click on 'Connect to Data/Service...' and I select BlazeDS as the Service Type, and then I say "No Password required", as in the tutorials I found in the internet, then I get a error window that has the title "Server Error", and the following unfriendly error message: ┴└

(Or, maybe some other odd characters that look like those to me).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2010 Aug 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File a bug for this issue with the steps to reproduce along with the error screen shot.

Please attach the project to the bug or attach the sample testcase which reproduces this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2012 Apr 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this is still not fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines