• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Glossary hotpsots for merged projects

Aug 04, 2010 Aug 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Has anyone done glossary hotspots for merged projects?

If so what is the official way of doing this please?

My intention at present is to have a single glossary residing in the master project for simplicity of maintentnance but I'd be interested to hear what others have tried etc.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further to my first questions..

If one has a merged project and one wants to use glossary hotpsots, is the only way to have a glossary for each sub project and do the hotspots in each one ?

If you do that do the glossaries merge successfully?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me start by saying that I've never used the Glossary Hotspot Wizard in a production environment and never with a merged project set-up so you'll have to take this with that in mind. However I'd have expected you to have to have the definitions in each sub-project and run it there as well. The merging should all work OK though. If you were able to do it from the master, each sub-project would require opening to amend the relevant topics.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum,

That said, would it work ok just to have a glossary in the master project only? Although this would I guess mean forgoing the links...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd say so. It makes it easier knowing that all the glossary items go in the same place which also means you can ensure there is no duplication between projects. You didn't really want the links anyway did you

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not especially. You see, in framemaker which I used previously, hotpsots and hyperlinks automativally reflected their destination content which affected how we used them. RH doesn't have anywhere near that capability so I don't think the links would be very easy to maintain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp