Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Password Protecting a Published Project

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2008 Oct 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
We are using RH7 WebHelp. My department works on RH projects for a number of different departments within our company. One department (HR) has asked if we can restrict access to their materials from the rest of the company once we have published them. Their material will obviously have its own URL, but they are concerned that others may learn that address and gain access to their materials. Is there a way to password protect their project or otherwise restrict access to it? Thanks in advance.

TW

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 28, 2008 Oct 28, 2008
Hi TW

You need to speak to your web development team. WebHelp output is like any other site. Just a collection of HTML pages. So they should be able to configure the Web space so only authorized individuals could have access.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 28, 2008 Oct 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TW

You need to speak to your web development team. WebHelp output is like any other site. Just a collection of HTML pages. So they should be able to configure the Web space so only authorized individuals could have access.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2008 Oct 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Rick. I checked with the security folks in our IT department and they are able to restrict access to individual projects by assigning security to the directory where the published projects reside. I appreciate you steering me in the right direction.

TW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp