• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wanting Context Sensitive Help Topics to open in same layout as main WebHelp

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2010 Aug 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're implementing WebHelp and CSH for our site using Robohelp HTML 8. Our site runs on Kentico CMS, so the developers have added a form field within the CMS that we can populate our Map ID and it opens the topic from our WebHelp file. If no value is defined then it opens the default WebHelp. All of this works correctly, however there seems to be a difference in the layout and we can't figure out why.

When launching the default (non-mapped) topic, the WebHelp contains the two-pane XP Blue layout, with TOC, search, etc. But when launching a CSH mapped topic it opens in a plain white window that just holds the content pane (see below), with a text 'Show' link the user must click to get the XP Blue layout to show.

8-4-2010 5-09-29 PM.jpg

Mine is a two-part question: How can I get the CSH to open the XP Blue pane like the default topic without clicking Show? If not, how can I change the 'show' link to be something more appropriate - like 'Show Index'?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that this behaviour is due to the JavaScript coding that does the opening of the CSH window. I'm not sure if there's any way to control this through the RH user interface, but a java programmer could go "under the hood" to tinker with the RoboHelp_CSH.js launcher.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't help with getting the pane to show straight away, but I believe you can change the text in the LNG file. From within Robohelp (RH6, but I assume similar in RH8) go File > Project Settings, then click Advanced next to Language. The LNG File tab.

HTH

Amebr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2010 Aug 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both for your responses. The developer is looking at the JS handler script to see if he can fix the window not openiing with the full layout. I also looked at the LNG file and see several lines where 'Show' is defined. If he can't get it to work we will try that way. I'll also see if I can figure out the Windows functions in creating new layouts, since it appears there might be some flexibility there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2010 Aug 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Post back with the code changes if your developer does figure out what tweaks to get it launching "full". I bet there are others who are interested in seeing that effect too.

I had forgotten about the LNG tab settings - my people have been confused by the "Show" line too. I'm just playing with adjusting it & the mouse-over text that accompanies it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp