Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Formatting img file outcomes

Aug 04, 2010 Aug 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Robohelp 7 HTML (Webhelp primary layout) to create a context sensitive help system.

When the context sensitive help opens it does so in one panel only so I need the "Home" link to open the complete help system in the twin panels.

I have edited the LNG file (in project settings) to change the wording for the 'back to home' wording so it now reads "Home=Complete Help". When I generate the output file everything is in order, when I click on the new wording it opens the twin panels and everything is perfect. Except the new wording on the single panel is one character (to the right) of the breadcrumb line that appears directly below it.

Is there anything I can do to get these two lines to line up? Can I change the layout/format of anything in relation to these two lines?

Many thanks

Michael

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A screenshot would help.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good point!

This doesn't appear to be very clear. But the top line is one character to the right of the breadcrumb line that appears below it. Can I do anything to line these up and can I put space between them?

Thank you

Help_Screen.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2010 Aug 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All my breadcrumbs are on one line. Do you have breadcrumbs in a template and turned on in the layout?

Experiment a little with a new project with just a few topics in different folders.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter

Thank you for the quick response but I am not sure what you first paragraph means?

Both 'breadcrumb' lines as far as I am concerned are generated when the files are generated? If I amend the LNG file I can make the first line disappear altogether, and I can amend the breadcrumb formatting (wording and position) when I generate the primary layout but beyond that, nothing else.

The first line is important because it opens the twin pans. Clicking 'Home' in the breadcrumbs does not do this, so both lines have a role.

So I am unclear what you mean by "Do you have breadcrumbs in a template and turned on in the layout?"

Many thanks

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can have breadcrumbs without having them in a master page, you simply tick the option in the layout when you generate. If you put them in a master page and tick the option in the layout, you get two sets of breadcrumbs. I was wondering maybe the LNG file was only affecting one set. I'll try to test later.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2010 Aug 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's an example of "duplicated" breadcrumbs. This topic is attached to a master page that has a breadcrumb placeholder and where I replaced the default text with Master Page. Then I also enabled breadcrumbs in the layout. Result = two lots of breadcrumbs. Is that what you have done?

DuplicatedBreadcrumbs.jpg

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking again it is not just the start of the breadcrumb that is different but check the above first.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, the problem only appears when my help file opens in single panel mode. When the twin panels are open only the breadcrumb line appears and that is created when I tick the box when I generate the file. There are no breadcrumb placeholders on any page (that I am aware of).

The best solution appears to be to untick the breadcrumb box, in that way I only get the line of text from the LNG file and it has nothing to be out of line with. I can then probably fiddle with the margins (in html) in the template for the topic pages and bring the left-hand text into line with the line generated from the LNG file.

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp