• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS and Document is licensed for a different user account

Aug 04, 2010 Aug 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thus far Adobe Digital Editions is the most complicated software to use in the universe- and I feel it may be the downfall of the entire E READER's existence.

Here's why:

1.) I created an account with adobe digital editions.

2.) I purchased ebooks from Barnes and Nobles. com. These books are in EPUB format.

3.) I downloaded said books from Barnes and Nobles .com to my PC. (windows XP)

4.) I tried to open said files with ADE to transfer on my EREADER. No luck. I receive an error message stating that these files  are " Licensed under a different user account." Then I get the error "Too many activations)

How are they licensed under a different user account?! I am the only user. Can someone please help me? I just want to move these two EPUB files into Adobe Digital Editions so that I may put them on my COOL-ER Reader.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2010 Aug 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Wjcawley,

For the error E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS, I recommend creating a webcase. They have the option to reset your activations for this.

Concerning the error that it is already licensed to another user, make sure you have the latest firmware installed on your COOL-ER reader. As some have been shipped with incorrectly configured firmware.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

SyncWolf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 05, 2010 Aug 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Books purchased from B&N will not work on the current version of Digital Editions.  To view these files on your computer you will need to use the B&N eReader software instead of ADE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines