Among others, I have set the following preferences prior to recording:

• Font size: 12pt
  • Vertical alignment: Top
  • Display for: Rest of slide

The text captions in the resulting recording show the following:

• Font size: 19pt
  • Vertical alignment: Middle
  • Display for: Specific time

Any ideas as to why some of the text caption prefs are not being applied to the recording (while some are)?

Many thanks.

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2010 Aug 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Can you explain what you exactly changed before recording? In the Preferences you can choose a style for each of the captions during recording. Did you check those styles in the Object Style Manager?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 05, 2010 Aug 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely. Here are screen captures to clarify:

Settings in Prefs and Object Style Manager prior to recording:

prefs.png

pre_recording.png

Properties of text caption in resulting recorded project (notice some settings match while the three identified [Size, Vertical alignment, and Display for] do not):

post_recording.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2010 Aug 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This can be confusing, I agree. You set the preferences for Text Captions, that means for captions you create yourself on a slide. But from your question and screenshot I do detect that the captions were created by CP5 during a capture? Those default settings are elsewhere in the Preferences. Did you check those? I post a screenshot.

Lilybiri

PrefRecording.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have checked the preferences and regardless of where I change those three properties (size=12, vertical alignment=top, and timing=rest of slide), the recording reverts to font size=19, v alignment=middle, and timing=specific time). Because some of the changed settings are being applied (font style, justification, font color) and these other three are not, I am inclined to go ahead and report this as an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Definitely report any issue you feel is a Bug! Link to the Bug Reporting form is in my sig line.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Begin learning Captivate 5 moments from now! $29.95

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcererStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick, I have submitted a bug report. Many thanks for yours and Lilybiri's assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 21, 2011 Sep 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any update to this bug that was reported? I am having similar issues. I set the Object Style Manager Preferences without a project being open to (font size 20😞

ObjMgrDefaults.jpg

Recording Defaults show pointing to Deafult Caption Style (font size 20😞

Preferences for Recording.jpg

Recording ends up with this (font size 31😞

Recording Text Box.jpg

I don't want to have to go and change each recorded text box from 31 to 20 pt font. Any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks,

Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources