Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

SubType in component.xml

Level 3

Hi all,

Is there a way to specify the sub type of an input or output type in the component.xml of a DSC?

Here's the input portion of one of my operations:

<input-parameter name="lst" type="java.util.List" required="true" title="lst">
    <supported-expr-types>Variable,XPath,Literal,Template,</supported-expr-types>
</input-parameter>

As you can see the type is java.util.List, which is a generic type. In workbench, this type is shown as a List. When clicking the + sign to create a variable, only the type is pre-populated with List. It would be so much simpler if both - type and sub type -  could be specified in the xml.

I've noticed that Adobe services which make use of the List also do not specify these, is there a reason? It's quite complicated for the customer to find the right type.

Thanks

Nic

3 Replies

Level 10

I don't believe you can set the sub-type in the component.xml.

Jasmin

Level 3

I have noticed that the ContentServices' getSpaceContents operation makes use of the "collectionSubTypes" attribute on the output-parameter-mapping element.

<output-parameter-mapping name="nodeChildrenList" type="java.util.List" collectionSubTypes="com.adobe.livecycle.contentservices.client.CRCResult" />

I realize you are saying this is probably not supported, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed, perhaps this may lead to something else.

I looked at the getSpaceContents operation in workbench and the sub type doesn't get populated either.

Thanks