• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error message in trying to use local content in Adobe Community Help of Flash Builder

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2010 Aug 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have set my Adobe Community Help application preferences of Flash Builder to 'Display local content only'.to Yes.

I also disabled my internet connection to use local help content only.

I get the following error message when trying to access any of the links from Help home page.

To view the requested page, connect to the Internet or deselect "Display Local Help content only" in Preferences.

I understand this is due to all the links point online HTTP urls.

But why cannot the local help content be accessed when it is already downloaded to local and the 'Display local content only' option is set to Yes?

This saves me a lot ot time otherwise using Adobe Community Help is painful even for a short period of time.

Thanks,

Ram Manoj Kongara.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2010 Aug 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Ram -

To help troubleshoot your problem, can you please do the following:

1. In the Adobe Community Help application, go to Edit > Preferences.
  2. Select Local Content.
  3. The list of Help packages downloaded locally appear. Make sure that the status of every Help packages reads “Current”. If the status of a Help package reads  "Out-of-Date”, select that Help package, and click Update to download the latest Help package. Note that to do this, you have to be connected to the Internet. Once you fully download the Help packages to your desktop, you can access Help offline.

One other thing that I would want you to check is the Adobe Community Help Client version that you are using. To check that, in the Adobe Community Help application, go to File > About Adobe Help. The build version should be 3.2.0.610.

Let me know if this helps. If the issue still persists, we can investigate further.

Thanks,

Mallika Yelandur

Technical writer, Adobe Flash Builder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2010 Aug 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mallika,

Thanks for the reply.

Followed the steps for trouble shooting and they were proper.

I was mistaken because the content I was accessing is about Adobe AIR which are part of Building Adobe AIR Applications which is actually not part of local content. I thought all the content references from Adobe Community Help were part of local content unless full Url was specified.

Sorry for the trouble.

Thanks,

Ram Manoj Kongara.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2010 Aug 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was actually mislead again by the behaviour of Adobe Community Help.

Please ignore the previous post in this thread.

Here is the actual problem:

If the internet connection is available, Adobe Community Help always tries to access the online resource of the help content even though local content of the same is available, 'Display local content only' option is set to Yes and the status of the local content is upto date i.e., 'Current'.

This actually makes the usage of Adobe Community Help time consuming and painful if our internet connection is slow.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,

Ram Manoj Kongara.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2010 Aug 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any solutions or workarounds please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2010 Aug 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're investigating the issue, and we'll get back to you.

Thanks,

Mallika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2010 Aug 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi:  this issue will be resolved in our next update (CHC 3.3) -- currently scheduled for auto-update via AIR in about 2 weeks.  I apologize for the frustration and thank you for your patience. I will post another thread here in this forum as soon as the update is available.

Thanks,

Mark Nichoson

Product Manager

Adobe Community Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines