Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot get Digital Editions to see and authorize my sony reader PRS-600

Oct 01, 2009 Oct 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get Digital Editions to see and authorize my sony reader PRS-600.  I am running windows Vista.  I am registered and my PC is authorized, but I cannot get DE to authorize my reader.  Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2009 Oct 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the exact same problem. Just bought my PRS600 and I can't even see it in my ADE screen... Just spent 45 minutes online with SONY help, and they had it wrong. The guy said that PRS600 was NOT compatible with ADE and when I checked on Adobe's list of compatible devices, guess what? Sony PRS 600 Touch Edition is right there!!!

So no help from SONY, so I will try calling the adobe people.. though you'd think a tech from ADOBE would respond to your post by now...

What makes me so mad is that Sony actually has this link where they promote ebook borrowing from the local library, which I thought is a great idea, but now I am so frustrated because I borrowed books from my local library, which are only in Adobe format and am totally UNABLE to transfer them to my reader

I hope ANYONE from ADOBE monitoring these forums will have some sort of answer!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 02, 2009 Oct 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called Adobe.  They offer no phone support for Digital Editions.  I opened an online case with them.  I hope they can help.  My library offers a lot of ebooks but most of them are in this format.  Anyone else have this issue?  Stay tuned.............

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 05, 2009 Oct 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having exactly the same problem.  I recently bought my ereader and I was given a gift card to download an ebook which needs Adobe DE. So I have authorised my computer but as to the ereader, it is not recognised by Adobe DE. Will anyone from Adobe help us??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2009 Dec 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... and yet another victim. I'm on a Mac (OS X 10.58 PPC), having exactly the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2010 Mar 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue: ADE does not see my PRS-600. Only my computer is authorized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2010 Mar 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I was able to resolve the problem: the PRS-600 has to be authorized to the SONY platform, i.e. you have to create an account at the Sony Reader Store.

You do that through their ELibrary software.

Once you create an account, connect your reader: the software will recognize it, ask you to authorize it. Do that and THEN go to ADE.

It should be able to "see" your reader and it'll authorize it.

Hope this helps!

Reg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 12, 2011 Jan 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Thank you so much to Reg for his answer to the above subject. I have been reading

/ searching / reading at both Adobe sites, Sony sites, library sites etc. for almos

t one month to find a solution to this problem.

I couldn't imagine that we had bought a device (Sony 650 Touch) that did not hold the correct software nor the correct manual. Unbelievable.

To those who come after me... go to THIS SITE http://ebookstore.sony.com/download/

and download the application for PC (top left) orMAC (top right). It takes time, but it works !

I'm just so happy now !!

Vibeke - Denmark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2010 Mar 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Digital Nightmare software doesn't work with a Mac in so far as the Sony PRS-600 Reader will not show up. If you use the Windows version it will show up. Also, if you do not live in the US or Canada you do not have access to the Sony ebook store, Sony have contracted this out to Waterstones and WHSmiths. The latter will tell you not to use the Sony Reader Library software but to stick to ADN. Of course, if you have a Mac such advice becomes self defeating for the reason given above.

If people using Windows Vista are now having problems seeing their PRS-600 Readers then the Adobe boys have surpassed themselves!

Anyone for Catch 22?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2010 Aug 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though this is an old post, I just purchased a PRS-600. When

following the directions on the Adobe site I could not get my ADE to even acknowledge the reader.

I am using a Mac OS X 10.6.4

I checked out an ePub book from the library website. I can read it on the Mac just fine.

ADE would not acknowledge reader, which according to adobe website should happen automatically.

I was able to make it work by:

1) upon launching Sony Reader software it asked me if I wanted to associate ePub files with the program.

Clicked YES

2) Under library the book showed. I clicked and dragged to the reader within Sony software.

3) at that point sony software asked if I wanted to associate the reader with an adobeID.

4) followed instructions and now it works

I hope this helps the next Mac user encountering a problem moving their checked out ePub files to the reader.

I have not tried to return book yet, that might be another post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines