• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFHTTP to SSL URL

Explorer ,
May 04, 2006 May 04, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to use cfhttp to make a call to an SSL encrypted URL. I am recieving the following cfdump when i attempt to connect.

struct
Charset [empty string]
ErrorDetail I/O Exception: peer not authenticated
Filecontent Connection Failure
Header [undefined struct element]
Mimetype Unable to determine MIME type of file.
Responseheader
struct [empty]
Statuscode Connection Failure. Status code unavailable.
Text YES

I am able to successfully reach this URL through my development environment (coldfusion developer edition server) with no issues, on my production machine i get the above error. Every reference i can find on the web is that the keystore does not have the required certificates installed. I know this is not the issue because i have never done this on my development environment where it works with no issues. However, to rule out the possibility i have used the keytool to import both certificates on the website i am attempting to connect to into the certificate store and still have the above cfdump. Also I have taken the certificate store from my development environment and replaced the one on my production machine with no change in the results either.

I am at a complete impasse at this point. I could really use some assistance. Both servers are Coldfusion 7.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2006 May 05, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out this thread and see if that helps: Using Keytool to Import SSL Certificates into Sun JDK

&laz;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2006 May 05, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the advice but as above I have done all keystore updates and they have no effect on this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 08, 2006 May 08, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of the JDK, and which OS are you using on both sides (client and server)?

&laz;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually just solved this issue this morning when i realized every computer but the server could see this url and cfhttp to it with no issues. It turned out after talking with my hosting provider they had a DNS entry for the url in question that did not match the IP address that was the real location of the URL. They have updated their DNS entries for the URL and now I am able to connect appropriately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Ahh, that explains the "Filecontent Connection Failure" in your original post. Glad to hear you got it working.

&laz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation