4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2010 6:02 PM by mr. fazno

Mp3 player won't work - rapid flashing...

mr. fazno

Recently, I uploaded the flashmo_212_mp3 player to my site in hopes to have a player.  When I put the player into my timeline, for the specific keyframe I run into problems.  When I go to publish my site (this is in flash cs4), the site flashes every single page rapidly.

What do I need to do to fix this problem?  I'm fairly new to flash so anything broken down would greatly help me solve this.

Thanks,

-Fazno

• 1. Re: Mp3 player won't work - rapid flashing...
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What procedure did you follow to put the player into your timeline?  What version of actionscript is your site designed with?

• 2. Mp3 player won't work - rapid flashing... Does anyone have a clue?
            mr. fazno Level 1

The site is designed with actionscript 3.   The procedure I used to get the player into my timeline goes as followed:

1. I opened the player file separately from my site in flash.

2. Copied the folder that contained all of it's info

3. Pasted the folder into my site's library in flash

4. Created a new layer on my pages timeline.

5. Dragged the player onto the page I wanted it on "music"

6. Created a keyframe for that page and a blank keyframe for the other pages

7. I've done various things from here with player whether it be assigning it as a button or making its action start or stream, etc.

Any ideas?

• 3. Re: Mp3 player won't work - rapid flashing... Does anyone have a clue?
              Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

In the player's original file, does it occupy the timeline and does that timeline include any actionscript?  You may need to copy the timeline rather than copying the library assets.

You should check the code the player uses to see if it relies on root references or other such targeting in any way.  It is possible that you need to adjust the code for the new home it occupies if it is not located on a timeline level the same as where it comes from.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Mp3 player won't work - rapid flashing... Does anyone have a clue?
                mr. fazno Level 1

It does have it's own timeline and actionscript.  I'm not sure how to go about this though.  Does creating a new layer and dragging it onto my site's timeline work or is there some other trick I have to do?  I'm sure that what you mentioned is the issue at hand but being this new to flash, I don't know the steps on hand to fix this.

Could you please guide me step by step to help solve the issue?

It would be greatly appreciated!