• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Margin Notes & Graphics

Explorer ,
May 01, 2006 May 01, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble figuring out how to apply margin notes and graphics for dicumentation. I understand how to exclude them from the online help generation, but I do not see an easy way of creating margin notes or margin graphics for the generated document itself. Does anyone have some idea on how this is done?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 08, 2006 May 08, 2006
Hi Moosegolfr

If I'm understanding you correctly, I think you would accomplish this using tables. You would have two columns. One used for Margin Notes and the other for text. You could then use Build Tags/Build Expressions to hide or show the margin notes.

Just a thought... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several different styles that create text in the margin in my Word output using Frames. I use them for 'Trainer notes' etc.

You need to define a style in your Word template with the appropriate formatting (e.g. Frames etc) and then use a style in RoboHELP which is then mapped to the template style.

The style in RoboHELP doesn't need to have any special formatting - just so long as it is mapped to the style in your template.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several different styles that create text in the margin in my Word output using Frames. I use them for 'Trainer notes' etc.

You need to define a style in your Word template with the appropriate formatting (e.g. Frames etc) and then use a style in RoboHELP which is then mapped to the template style.

The style in RoboHELP doesn't need to have any special formatting - just so long as it is mapped to the style in your template.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moosegolfr -

Welcome to the forum. I gotta know - in what format are your source files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 08, 2006 May 08, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pages I'm dealing with in RoboHelp are standard HTML. I would like to output a PDF that contains a margin note. My batch output is WebHelp and PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Moosegolfr

If I'm understanding you correctly, I think you would accomplish this using tables. You would have two columns. One used for Margin Notes and the other for text. You could then use Build Tags/Build Expressions to hide or show the margin notes.

Just a thought... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Awesome - once again Captiv8r . I just finshed doing as you said and it was exactly what i needed. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp