Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ZipCode Proximity

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2010 Aug 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I need the tag that provides the zipcodes within a specified mileage , to be used as "Store Locator" . I searched a lot and found a few links, but they either don't have rating, or no reply to email, and the webmonkey link is broken (found in one of the answers, does anyone know the new link for it??).

assume we have the database in MSACCESS, which tag is reliable to use?

I would appreciate your help.

web developer

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 11, 2010 Aug 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a database mapping ZIP codes to geographical coordinates you don't need a tag, you need the Pythagorean theorem: a2 +b2 = c^2 This allows you to calculate the distance between ZIP codes and everything else follows from that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the information. but instead of reinventing the wheel, I know there are some ready tags, just don't know which one is reliable. I would like a reference. I would appreciate if somone knows about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rule #1:  Google is your friend

Rule #2:  CFLIB.ORG is also your friend

Google "CFLIB ZIPCODE Distance" and you get a link to

http://www.cflib.org/index.cfm?event=page.udfbyid&udfid=502

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks!

probably I should rephrase it:

I am looking for a ready CF tag, that receives zipcode and radius and city from user, and outputs the zipcodes in that radius.

there is one from CFTagStore, but no feedback on it. I am looking for a more reliable source, if there is any.

thanks for all your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the link to the actual CFC code is broken on that site, but this posting seems to include a copy of it:

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Web_Development/Web_Languages-Standards/Cold_Fusion_Markup_Language/...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you very much. your answers have been very helpful. I was actually  looking for a module to do everything and I don't have to deal with coding at all. I am not much comfortable with components .

I am going to try the one at CFTAGStore.com, and if that doesn't work, then I will use your links and answers.

thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation