• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"player.play.it is requesting permission to store information on your computer."

New Here ,
May 06, 2010 May 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe this may be a virus. At the top of the messege it says Adobe flash player settings. Under that it says Local Storage. Under, it says requested: up to 1MB, currently used 100KB. Then it has 2 boxes to check either Allow or Deny. This pops up every time I turn on aol radio. I click deny, but it keeps coming back! help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 06, 2010 May 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As long as you keep denying it will probably come back.

Check the storage settings at http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 19, 2010 Jul 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this very same problem, here's what I did ... I uninstalled the toolbar link I had for AOL radio ... and then re-opened the AOL radio

from the main page on AOL and told it to save as a bookmark on the tool bar (I have Firefox) ... poof, the problem is gone ..

. not really sure what I did but it worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2010 Aug 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem and I disabled the AOL toolbars as follows and the problem went away:

From Internet explorer window click on TOOLS then select MANAGE ADD-ONS then under ADD-ON TYPES the option TOOLBARS and EXTENSIONS should already be selected (if not then select it). In the SHOW: window or box select CURRENTLY LOADED ADD-ONS then in the window on the right select AOL TOOLBAR then select DISABLE (another window will pop up that lists related add-ons that will also be disabled) then click DISABLE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines