• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

shortcut keys not working

Aug 10, 2010 Aug 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

I've been reading through the fourms on this and it seems to be a mixed bag of answers that were mostly several years ago so I thought I'd see if there are any new ideas.

Most of the eLearning I create is for systems training. There are shortcuts that I need to have the user perform. When the user tries one of these shortcuts (i.e. Ctrl + L) Internet Explorer has focus and doesn't allow the action to occur in the Captivate course.

Can anyone suggest work arounds? All users will be using Internet Explorer.

Also, has there been any workarounds discovered to allow right-click funtionality to work properly in IE?

Thanks!

Steve

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve

I find your situation interesting and here's why. I earn most of my living by facilitating Captivate and RoboHelp classes. (well, until the economy fell apart and classed dried up I did)

In nearly every Captivate class I facilitate I mention that it's a good idea to insert a Button object on the first slide. The purpose is twofold.

1. It pauses the slide until the user is ready to proceed.
  2. It forces the user to click it. In doing so, you know that at least for a brief while the Flash object in the page has focus.

So here is the interesting part. Normally when I demonstrate this, the class participants have Internet Explorer as the default browser. Personally, I use Firefox as my default browser. IE normally already has focus on the Flash object and Firefox doesn't. So it surprises me to hear you claim that in IE you are having the issue. I might have expected the opposite.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Begin learning Captivate 5 moments from now! $29.95

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcererStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I didn't mention that the course is being launched in IE from Moodle. Would this play a role?.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources