• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unable to install presenter 7 on a machine with powerpoint 2010

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2010 Apr 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the installation program for presenter 7 does not detect that powerpoint is present on the system.

Will this addressed in a later update?

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2010 Apr 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Adobe is probably already aware of it. But just in case, you (and all others) should file a Bug Report on it so they can begin to form an opinion as to how many adopters of 2010 there are.

http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2010 May 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm beginning to see problems from users as well. Any word on when the next version of Presenter will be available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2010 May 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately you are not alone. Many Schools use Adobe Presenter with PowerPoint. In my wifes' case she educates teachers. We take issue with failing schools now take issue with failing software. I asked Adobe as well as Microsoft to get this problem fixed today May 5th, 2010. I talked to technical support that was based outside of our Country: nice people but no solutions. Education is a National Security Issue. I will make some noise about this problem. I hope you do the same!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 10, 2010 Aug 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe product specifications posted on the Adobe Presenter page show that Office 2010 is not supported yet.  An update and private beta testing is underway now and you will be able to download it hopefully very soon.  Stay tuned and look for the 7.06 release posting hopefully in 30 days assuming all the testing is successful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2010 Aug 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2011 Jan 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is now Jan 7, 2011 and on my first attempt I am unable to install presenter 7 on powerpoint 2010.  Error msg says "powerpoint not installed." I am depressed that this many months since people have been voicing this problem, it still exists.  Any new information?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 07, 2011 Jan 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you access this page you will see a link on the right side for Office 2010 (32-bit only) users to install Presenter:

http://www.adobe.com/products/presenter/

If you have any problem, send me an email directly with your contact email and phone number I will have tier three help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2011 Jan 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, but I have 64 bit Office 2010, so what should I do?

Christopher John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 09, 2011 Jan 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Christopher, unfortunately, Adobe Presenter 7 is a 32-bit plug-in for Powerpoint 2010 32-bit only and will not install into Powerpoint 64-bit. The only solution would be to uninstall Powerpoint 64-bit and reinstall the 32-bit version. That is what I had to do. Presenter would not be able to operate properly inside the 64-bit Powerpoint code as a plug-in. I wish there was a better answer but there is no Presenter 64-bit version to date. I know it is being looked at but I am not in that group inside Adobe so I cannot comment further as to the direction in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yikes - I had assumed that my new computer, being a 64 bit system, would have the pre-installed office 2010 64 bit version by default - but alas, I now discover a 32 bit version Microsoft Office is, in fact, what I have. Blessing in disguise, I suppose. So... I then go to the download link that suggests the install will now work on Office 2010 (32 bit), but get the following msg:

Now where do I go? Where is Adobe with all of this - very time consuming for all of us who must deal with these shortcomings.

Thanks for your continued replies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I'll check myself.  Possible the file is damaged but I'll figure it out and let the team that posts that file to re-post the file if so.

Please send me a direct email to me so I can get you the right file you need. I can help you Monday if you want.

My email is:  hdrummon@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2011 Jan 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent hours woking on this problem.  The patch did not work even though I am running the 32 bit Office on my 64 bit Windows 7 machine.  However, the answer is found in uninstalling Office 2010, installing PowerPoint 2007, then installing Presenter.  Presenter will find Powerpoint 2007.  Once you have accomplished that, you can now install Office 2010 and Presenter will work with PowerPoint 2010.

Honestly, I don't know if it was worth the effort because all of the fonts look crummy after being rendered using Presenter, and Captivate for that matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 11, 2011 Jan 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning I was able to take the installer from this link off the main Presenter page:

http://www.adobe.com/products/presenter/

Scroll down and see the section on MS Office 2010.  That Link is the installer file for Presenter 7.0.

Today, I easily took that installer, launched it and installer Presenter 7.0 into Powerpoint 2010 32-bit under Windows 7 and I did it under Windows 2003 Server.

Once installed, I was able to use the update option to update Presenter to 7.01, then again for each release up to the current 7.06. You have to check again for each version after each update.  If you go to the help menu and the updater is not shown, then hit the preferences menu, hot cancel for the file save dialog, then hit the help menu again and you will see the updater.

update.gif

If you get stuck, give me a ring 571-765-5430 or email at hdrummon@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 12, 2011 Jan 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now realize what your issue is.  Presenter is a 32 bit only program.  It will not install into any 64 bit OS.  You can only install it into 32 bit Windows 7/Windows 2003 Server/Windows 2008 Server.  You can only use MS Office 32 bit as well.

Sorry but until Presenter is re-written this will be the case if you want to use the program.

On the product spec page off our website it states 32-bit only:

http://www.adobe.com/products/presenter/systemreqs/

I had forgotten that when I installed my version about 8 months ago I needed to go 32 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2011 Jan 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After the hoops that I jumped through, which are discussed above, Presenter did work in Win 7 64-Bit with Office 2010 32-bit.  The problem is that the font rendering is absolutely horrible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources