Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Excel COM Object

Participant ,
May 08, 2006 May 08, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the error I am recieveing
An exception occurred when instantiating a Com object.
The cause of this exception was that: coldfusion.runtime.com.ComObjectInstantiationException: An exception occurred when instantiating a Com object..

I have seen others having this same issue, but a solution have never been supplied.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 08, 2006 May 08, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is the com component rotating in the com pool?

jam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 09, 2006 May 09, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "rotating in the com pool"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 22, 2006 May 22, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The com pool can be accessed with admin priveleges in:
Start Menu > Programs > Administrative Tools > Component Services
drill down to COM+ Applications and checked the icon for your COM is rotating...
If it's not - right-click and select Start
If it is - right click and select 'Shut Down', then right-click and select 'Start'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am getting the same error but for a Word application. Please check if you have MSXML 4.0 installed. If not, then install it 'coz I think thats needed for COM objects. But I got a little different error after that. But definitely install MSXML 4.0.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a shared host who says they do have the MS components installed. They're installed on every account as standard practice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 10, 2006 May 10, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although folks have had some success with Office objects, Microsoft does NOT recommend that you run them in a server environment. They're designed only for desktop use; they don't exit gracefully (check out the process list sometime); they're not supported when used this way.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation