• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with TOC not syncing

Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2006 Jun 07, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just noticed that my sync button doesnt seem to work for 99% of the time. A couple of times I've tried it it has work, but they were from different pages.

If I do a search now and go to the resulting page, then hit Contents or the TOC sync button it just shows the uncollapsed TOC. I have done an auto-create TOC and deleted the existing one but it still happens. Is there a file I can maybe delete to sort this out?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi wjg

Have you tried this?

Expand your Single Source Layouts pseudo folder
Right-click the WebHelp layout and click Properties
Click the Next > button twice
Note the option setting for "Optimize speed for". My guess is that it is set for "Web Site (Internet). If so, set it for "Local PC".

What normally happens is that when this setting is set for Web Site, the TOC/Index/Search/Glossary are split up into smaller (and hopefully more easily shipped) chunks. But this can have an adverse effect on synchronization. For example, let's say you click a link to a topic. The topic tries to sync, but that particular segment of the TOC hasn't yet been shipped. So the sync fails. By setting the option for Local PC, the navigation is kept in a single file. The trade off (there is always a trade off, eh?) is that it may initially take a bit longer for the TOC to display. But it should correct synchronization issues.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

I actually use WebHelp Pro (with RE) so don't have this option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 09, 2006 Jun 09, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wjg,

A couple of questions:

1. Which browser are you using to view WebHelp?

2. If Pro is liike non-pro, the third dialog gives you navigation page format options of DHTML > Java Applet > Pure HTML, etc. Which are you using?

3. Is your TOC organized by books and topics? How long is the list of topics within a book? Do you have books within books?

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2006 Jun 12, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
1. IE
2. Pro isn't like non-pro. i.e. you have no options like that
3. Yes there are books within books, many many topics and many books (it's in the thousands)

I have noticed that in my settings I have W3C Compliant Topics checked. I might uncheck that and see if it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp