• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 5 Hangs while importing a Captivate 4 Project during 'Upgrading Scripts'

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2010 Aug 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm importing my 4th Captivate 4 project in to CP5.  The previous 3 imports have worked without a problem.  This one is locking up Captivate 5 at 95% of progress bar completion during 'upgrading scripts'.

Has anyone else come across this one?

Cheers 🙂Screen shot 2010-08-11 at 5.19.31 PM.png

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2010 Aug 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Helllo,

Do you have advanced actions in that project?

Is it a AS2-project perhaps? Normally they will be converted in CP5 to AS3 (only supports AS3) without issues, but I did have a project that corrupted when changed to AS3 in CP4 and that wouldn't open in CP5. So if it is an CP4, AS2 project, I would try to convert it to AS3 in CP4 and see if there is some issue then.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2010 Aug 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - Thanks for your suggestion 🙂

The project in CP4 is an AS3 project.  It does contain around 10 scripts, around 5 of these containing multiple "If-Then" statements. What I ended up doing was to delete around 8 of the scripts in the project (including all the most complex ones) while still in CP4 then tried importing to CP5 after that. This worked without error.

I can only guess that the CP5 import process for CP4 files was being compromised in some way by these scripts.

But of course - I now have to go and re-create those scripts manually in the CP5 environment.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2010 Aug 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

The interface for advanced actions has changed quite a lot. And creating conditional actions is now much easier. I did not have any other issues but have not converted all my CP4-projects yet.

Perhaps this could be of some help: I created a video tutorial to explain the UI for Conditional actions and worked out some articles with typical usecases for Advanced actions. Feel free to look at them:

Video:  Customized feedback

Articles:

Customized course menu (including effects)

Constructing test with multiple scores

Conclusion based on multiple scores

Question with partial scores and customized feedback

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources