• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

webhelp for web app

May 08, 2006 May 08, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Looking for advice to contect webhelp to a web app, we followed the code in the csh file for java script to call map ids. We can only get the start/default page to display with the navigation pane, not having much luck with context sensitive help by map ids. here is the code we used: would appreciate the correct direction to take from here:

<html>
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript"
src="/cdb/js/RoboHelp_CSH.js"></script>

<body>

<p>Click for <A HREF='javascript:RH_ShowHelp(0,
"/cdb/WebHelp/NICCDB.htm", HH_HELP_CONTEXT, 1)'>Help</A> (map number 1)</p>
<br>
<p>Click for <A HREF='javascript:test()'>Help return value</A> (map
number 1)</p>

</body>
</html>

<script type="text/javascript">
function test()
{
alert(RH_ShowHelp(0, "/cdb/WebHelp/NICCDB.htm", HH_HELP_CONTEXT, 1));
}
</script>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 09, 2006 May 09, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

OK, we got it to work!!!

Is there a fix for closing an open wehhelp topic window before opening the next?
When the default page is called this opens
when the new window specific topic window is called this opens
so both are open at the same time in two windows.

looking for a good way to handle this scenario.

thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 10, 2006 May 10, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Last week I was looking through a javascript primer on the Web. There are lots of them.

I think I read that one window can refer to another by its name.

So after you open the WebHelp window (call it 'A'), and then another window ('B'), a script in the new window can check to see if window A is open and, if so, to close it. If there is no window A, the script does nothing.

Also, there may be a way to build the closer into the script that launches the new window.

I was having this problem when I was trying several approaches to context help. I mentioned it to the developer of the main app, and after he built my WebHelp into the package, the problem went away.

By the way, our approach makes it look like we're simply substituting the new topic for the one in the open WebHelp topic pane. I wanted to limit the disturbance on the user's screen and let her / him navigate within Webhelp without having to go back to the main app and click the help button on another screen. Also, this is useful when a topic has links to other topics in the same help package. They all come up in the same place.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp