• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFPOP Works on one server but not another.

Contributor ,
Aug 12, 2010 Aug 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running two servers on the same ISP, both with CF8.

On one, I can use CFPOP and right away get results back, no problem.

On the other, it times out and won't return results.  Same exact code, which should work regardless of server.

Any ideas on where I should start looking?

Thanks,

RLS

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2010 Aug 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DNS resolution works for the one but not the other????

It's a guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 13, 2010 Aug 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start looking at the exact error message. Usually it tells you that it timed out while connecting or downloading or something. After that, start looking at DNS and firewalls

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both for your responses.  I am trying to access the same account from both servers, so DNS is not a likely culprit.  The only reason I'm trying two servers is because when the first one didn't work, I tried it on another to see if it would there, and it did.

The exact message is that it's timing out -- but this only happens on the first server. 

I have been in contact with the ISP to see if there is some other IP routing / firewall issue that could be the problem, but it's rather unusual. This ISP (AccuFind) is a pro at ColdFusion hosting and they always have things set up correctly right off the bat.

RLS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back up slightly.

Can you PING the mail server from the CF server that isn't connecting?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 14, 2010 Aug 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. In my mind I had answered you right away, but I guess I had become distracted and never posted the results.

Yes, I am able to ping with results that are the same on both servers, from within the servers themselves.

This is becoming quite an annoying little problem.  It's got to be something in the ISP's firewall or server setup somewhere.

RLS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation