• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DWG files

Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2009 Aug 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An architect friend of mine send me a project he worked on in AutoCAD and I wanted to open it and see if I can use anything for a presentation of the same project.  I was able to open it but not in the way that he thought it would, meaning that the entire job was all over the place and most of it was outside the white area behind the artboard (the grey area).  So I open it to fit an 8.5x11size artboard and still most of the different pages or sheets of the job were spread all over the white area and some outside the grey area. And also very slow and lack of memory issues.

My question is:  Is there an easier way to deal with or open .dwg files?  I don't know the AutoCAD program and it capabilities to export.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ask him if he can export as pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell him to dumb it down or as was stated make a pdf or or an eps. File but tell him to dumb it down.

It might also be better to each sheet saved ass a different file that way you will easily be able to locate what you want and it will not be confusing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2010 Aug 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been since almost 1 year, but still not seen a working answer to the question, to open up AutoCAD .dwg file, the easiest way is to download free dwg viewer, DWGSee is one of the best solutions, this is a lite and fast dwg viewer, browse, view, measure, print DWG, DXF, DWF files. Supports AutoCAD drawing format from R2.5 to the latest version 2010. This program does not request AutoCAD, no need of any acknowledge of AutoCAD, just basic windows mouse clicks, file open, file print, etc. This program still works fine even 21 days free trial period expired, just simply click and ignore the trial messages when it starts up. Hope this helps… Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 12, 2010 Aug 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Autodesk (makers of AutoCAD) offers their own free DWG/DXF viewer: DWG TrueView.

It works well and has built-in plot to PDF capability (although you can also print to Adobe PDF if you have Acrobat). It's true freeware -- no trial period imposed.

(Windows only)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2010 Aug 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, Autodesk DWG TrueView is the best ever 2D and 3D drawing viewer

program, and it's always free, DWGSee is poor on 3D and no 3D object

rotation, I am still running DWGSee because it takes less memory and hard

drive, my computer was bought 3 to 4 years ago,

Steve,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2010 Aug 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is the advantage of using dwg trueview pdf plotter instead of the adobe pdf plotter included with autocad?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines