Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Calcluate based on year

Level 2

Hi,

Looking for help on calcluating something in a form.

I have a table with three columns (Things, Year Purchased, Cost).  The Year Purchased column has drop down list with 2010 and 2011 in it.   Under the table I have two numeric fields named 2010 and 2011.  When a person selects a Year Purchased and then puts a cost to it (ex Thing = socks, Year Purchased = 2010, Cost $5.00) I want the year 2010 numeric field to show the $5.00.  If 2011 is selected I want the cost to go into the 2011 numeric field and finally, as more costs are inputted for either year, I want the numeric fields to keep adding them and show the sum.

Unfortunately the table can't be laid out any different than what is described.  I have an example but I can't figure out how to attach it...I'm surprised I was able to turn the computer on this afternoon

Any help would be much appreciated.

Andrew

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Is this what you are after Andrew?

Untitled.png

Steve

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Former Community Member

Untitled.png

See the calculate events on cost, _2010 and _2011.

Steve

Level 2

Hi Steve,

It is very close.  The cost field needs to be inputed by the user but what you have done for the rest of it is exactly what I am looking for.  The only problem is that it won't work for me.  I suspect the problem is on line 2 of the script but I don't know enough to say for sure.  On my form I only have one table row and a button that allows the user to add more rows if needed.  In line 2 of the script on your form it looks as though it is saying that i is equal to 0 or less than or equal to 4 (the total number of rows in your form).  Do you think this is the problem?

Thanks for your help

Andrew

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Untitled.png

Steve

Level 2

Yes this is exactly what I was looking for.  Thanks again Steve.

Andrew

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----