FB4 is not installing on Vista

Participant ,
Aug 09, 2010 Aug 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have a problem while installing the FB4 this is what the installer returns:

Exit Code: 7

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 4 error(s), 1 warning(s)

WARNING: Payload {7BB2CA13-7302-49e4-AC0D-05CB1E1F87BB} Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX is already installed and the session payload {5EE868D6-7B6B-49ee-AF60-09B1358AFFD7} Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX has no upgrage/conflict relationship with it.

ERROR: Verifying payload integerity : Failed with code 1

ERROR: Custom Action for payload {177E1CA1-14CC-4398-AB15-A5746EFE8F22} Adobe Flash Builder returned error. Failing this payload.

ERROR: The following payload errors were found during install:

ERROR:  - Adobe Flash Builder: Install failed

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This happens on my Acer Inspire 7535

AMD Turion X2

4GB ram

Vista

It installed on my desktop without any problems but I want to transfer all my stuff to laptop and be mobile:) and it just let me down.

So the question is What I am doing wrong? I have admin right, I installed this with "run as administrator" option, run out of ideas:(

best regards

TOPICS
Installation and activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 09, 2010 Aug 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This looks like a conflict with the silent Debug Player installers bundled with FB. If you deselect the Flash Player option in the installer before beginning the installation, will this sidestep the error?

If so, you can still install the Debug Players manually from the \player\ folder installed on disk, or from here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 10, 2010 Aug 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for response but it's not that, I am deselectting players by default:) and with checked and uncheckd the result is the same:(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 10, 2010 Aug 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understood - thanks for explaining.

Here's an alternate workaround:

- Run the CS5 Clean Tool, using its option to uninstall the Flash Players

- If FB4 is detected by the Clean Tool, remove it as well

- Reboot after cleaning

- Re-install FB4, including the Flash Players this time.

You can download the CS5 Clean Tool from here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cs5clean.html

Let me know how it goes,

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 12, 2010 Aug 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have downloaded and run the cleaning utility, I have removed plugins but this time I got this error message:

Exit Code: 7

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)

ERROR: Custom Action for payload {177E1CA1-14CC-4398-AB15-A5746EFE8F22} Adobe Flash Builder returned error. Failing this payload.

ERROR: The following payload errors were found during install:

ERROR:  - Adobe Flash Builder: Install failed

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 12, 2010 Aug 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a chance that your download of FB4 was incomplete - did you already try re-downloading the installer?

Also, before re-running the installer, try removing the desktop folder that the installer extracts to, and that will make sure you get a fresh start.

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 13, 2010 Aug 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Still no success, same error as pasted in previous message, I have grabbed new installer:( did the cleaning trick again but the flashbuilder fails to install, but it is enumerated under "uninstall or change program" in "programs and features" in Vista after this.

The installer folder (Adobe Flash Builder 4 Installer)  reports following size: 505,532,631 bytes

regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 13, 2010 Aug 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi again,

The size of your extracted install folder is a little smaller than it should be, so that's probably causing the error. Here are the sizes I see on my desktop for FB4 (4.0.1):

- main Adobe Flash Builder 4 Installer: 515,754,471 bytes

- subfolder named Adobe Flash Builder 4 Standalone: 515,037,348 bytes

This is the "size" info in the properties panel, not the "size on disk", that's a little smaller, and I think subject to the disk format (mine is an NTFS drive).

Have you already tried extracting it to a different location instead of to the desktop?

Also, what's the size of the self extracting archive you downloaded (FlashBuilder_4_LS10.exe), before it's extracted to your desktop? Mine is 407,048,192 bytes.

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines