Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

License problems on already purchased ebooks

Jun 12, 2009 Jun 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased two ebooks and downloaded them to Digital Editions on my home computer and used the anonymous activation option.  Not realizing the limitations of anonymous authorization, I then decided I wanted to read these ebooks on my computer at work, so I installed Digital Editions, but I chose the Adobe ID authorization option instead.

I went back to my home computer and authorized it using my newly created Adobe ID, hoping that it would tie my ebooks to my new Adobe ID instead, which it didn't because I had already activated that ID on my work computer (did not know this at the time).  So now I was left with two ebooks that I could not read anymore.

I used Ctrl-Shift-D to de-authorize my home computer and went back to the anonymous authorization so I could read the ebooks again, but no luck.

So to make a long story short, I have two ebooks that I cannot read anymore on the same computer that they were originally tied to.

Am I completely out of luck or can this be fixed?

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 18, 2009 Jun 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, Adobe withdrew my support ticket for this problem without even attempting to help.  Digital Editions is now telling me that there are too many activations for my username.  If the software worked properly in the first place this wouldn't have even happened.

So at this point it doesn't look like I will get my books back at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2010 Aug 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you get this fixed? I have the same problem but with over 100 ebooks. The vendor states the download is already registered to another user (namely the 'unauthorised' one). I currently have a web case open but Adobe posting a fix would be useful since I can see this problem has been going on for years...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 18, 2009 Jun 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You now have two accounts with two books linked to two different accounts. I suggest asking the vendor from whom you bought the first (anonymous) book to re-issue it to you one more time. As for the number of activations, Adobe customer support should be able to resolve that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines