• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cfexecute / ant script not returning results in CF

Participant ,
May 10, 2006 May 10, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a batch script that runs an ant script that executes "cvs log -h application.cfm" on the cvs server.

When I execute the batch script manually on the command line, everything works fine.

When I execute the batch script via CFEXECUTE, the batch works fine, the ant script works fine, but the cvs command doesn't appear to do anything. The results from the tag are:
[echo] before
[echo] after

As you'll see from the attached ant script (unchanged except for the cvsroot attribute), those echos are either side of the cvs command.
When running via the command line, I get the results from the cvs log command in between those lines, but with CF I get nothing.

Any ideas at all on how to get this working will be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , May 11, 2006 May 11, 2006
I'm using 7.01, but I fixed the CFEXECUTE tag by restarting the CF service twice.

I've also managed to finally get the CVS bit to work - by changing :ext: to :ssh: - which I'm sure I tried before and it wouldn't work, but it's working now so I'm delighted.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and if anyone has any other ways to solve the problem (getting a list of CVS tags/branches using ColdFusion), I'm open to suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Argh! Now CFEXECUTE isn't returning /anything/ regardless of what I'm trying to execute. :'(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what version of CF are you on? Think I remember there being a bug in 6 or 6.1 where cfexecute was all messed up and wouldn't return anything and the timeout didn't work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 11, 2006 May 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I'm using 7.01, but I fixed the CFEXECUTE tag by restarting the CF service twice.

I've also managed to finally get the CVS bit to work - by changing :ext: to :ssh: - which I'm sure I tried before and it wouldn't work, but it's working now so I'm delighted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation