• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto-synchronizing Web Help

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2008 Oct 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a help system where several child projects are merged into a master project. We would like to be able to construct a URL that links directly to a topic in a child project. We have been able to come up with a URL that opens the correct child topic within the context of the master project, but the TOC does not autosynchronize.

Does anyone know of a fix or a workaround for this?

Thanks,
Brenda

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2008 Oct 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the articles on my site.

Merged WebHelp / Calling WebHelp using URLs.

They cover how to create a link to a child project that opens the full merge.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We looked there already. We're able to display the topic correctly but are still having a problem with the sync. Your examples seem to assume that the calls are being made from within an application to a file in a certain folder. We are trying to create actualy URLs (https://). I wonder if that has something to do with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I don't think that will affect anything. The principle is path/startpage.htm/path/target.htm. The link should work the same whether it is prefixed by a relative path or a website URL.

Did you see Step 8 in Merging WebHelp?

The other thing I notice is you refer to HTTPS, rather than HTTP. I don't know if that would have any impact.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp