• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp for Word 7 WebHelp + Tivoli Access Manager with scripts

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2010 Aug 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, folks.  I have a strange problem.  Using RoboHelp for Word 7.0, I've built a WebHelp file that is called by one of our applications.  The application calls the WebHelp pages with context-sensitive links that have always worked great.  The files have been in production for a couple of years without problem, until just recently.

The application developers have tracked down the issue, and say that the help calls are only failing when they access the WebHelp files through TIVOLI ACCESS MANAGER when SCRIPTS ARE ENABLED.  The calls work great if they use TAM and scripts are NOT enabled.  They only break when scripts are enabled in TAM.

Unfortunately, the application is changing and they must now enable scripts in Tivoli.

When scripts are enabled in TAM, a click on the help link opens a window of the proper shape, size, and location.  It has the usual help window title.  However, instead of the table of contents and the help topic for the current screen, you only see one window pane.  In that one window pane, the system displays the following characters against a white background:

No matter what help link you click, you get the same nonsense characters.

Has anyone encountered this problem?  Is there a solution?  I have browsed and searched the forum and various experts' sites and articles to no avail.

Any/all help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks very much.  - Carol

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

My gut is telling me that this is related to something called a BOM (I think that means Beginning Of Message).

Fellow Adobe Community Professional Peter Grainge talks about the BOM at the link below:

Click here to view

I believe it's number 22 on the list.

Sorry, but I'm unsure what to do about it.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rick! I'll look at it. - Car

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BOM = Byte Order Mark

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, what Peter said!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp