• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

exporting quizzes to .mov format

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2010 Aug 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to use Captivate to add interactivity to a Quicktime-based training video I'm building. I don't want to add the Quicktime files to Captivate as a project, because I need to the video to be available in several formats.

Basically, I want to make quizzes in Captivate, export them as video files, and incorporate them into a larger video project through Final Cut Pro. However, FCP only accepts .MP4 or .MOV files, not Flash.

Is this possible? Can I retain the interactivity of the quiz in a quicktime-based file?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community

I'm going to crawl way out here on this shaky little limb and claim it won't be easy (assuming it's possible at all).

Here's why I make that claim. To get the Captivate into a video format that Final Cut Pro may accept will almost certainly require that you publish as some form of video based format. And the inherent problem with this is that to the best of my knowledge (and I never claim to be remotely close to knowing it all, so I could be wrong) video formats are "view only" and that means no interactivity.

I really hope someone with a definitive answer for you comes along to either confirm or refute what my belief is!

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Begin learning Captivate 5 moments from now! $29.95

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcererStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So basically, in order to use any of the "interactive" functionality in a tool like Captivate, it has to be Flash-based, is that the general idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

tmp1.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources