• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Find the Position in an XML Document of certain data

New Here ,
May 11, 2006 May 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an XML file that I read in using CfFile and then XmlParse. Once I have it as an XML document I can loop through the records with no problem. But the size of the XML file is starting to get rather large. So instead of looping I would like to use XMLSearch or some other method to position myself in the XML document so I can edit the XML data. You see the ArrayLen of the XML document is approximately 6000 records and looping to find the record I need to update is taking too long. So what I would like to know is if there is a better method to search for the record I need to update in the XML without having to loop through the whole XML document to get to the record I need. I looked at XmlSearch using Xpath but it seems to only extract the records I need into an array. I do not need to extract the data I need to find the data in the XML and update it. Any help would be appreciated.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2006 May 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
"I do not need to extract the data I need to find the data in the XML and update it. "

Bret: Remember that the nodes in the array are references to the nodes in the original XML. So go ahead and change whatever you need in the array, and the nodes in the original XML will update as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation