Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CP4: Multiple click boxes with audio

Aug 19, 2010 Aug 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a slide with two graphics, each having a click box on them. When the user clicks the image, the audio plays based on the success caption. However, when the user clicks the second object before the first object audio finishes, they play over each other. If the user clicks the second object before the first obeject finishes, I want the audio on the first object to stop. I can't figure out how to do this. Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community

I'm thinking you might have better luck by creating Advanced Actions.

Here is the approach I'd take if it were my project. Insert standard Text Captions that will be used where you are now using Success captions. Assign the audio to the captions. Configure them as invisible. Then create an Advanced Action to hide the other caption (which will hopefully stop the audio) and reveal the desired caption (which would play the audio).

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Begin learning Captivate 5 moments from now! $29.95

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcererStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I am using success captions in exactly the way you described BUT hadn't used the advanced actions. I will try that. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources