• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merge content from a file that gets updated separately?

Aug 19, 2010 Aug 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a simple way in RoboHelp to have a placeholder in a topic where content from a separate source file (e.g. HTML or Word) gets displayed such that if the source file changes, the content inserted in the topic gets updated when the project is regenerated?

In other words, I have an HTML page in my project with some text and then a reference of some sort that grabs the contents of another file and pulls that in without a manual import?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 19, 2010 Aug 19, 2010

That would depend on the version of RoboHelp that you are using, which is why we ask people to state that in all new threads. See Before You Post.

If you are talking about RoboHelp 8, then it is easily done. See the RoboHelp Tour on my site and look for the bit on iFrames.

I think it can be done in earlier versions but may be more tricky. I know someone who will advise on that if you do post back saying you are using an earlier version.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would depend on the version of RoboHelp that you are using, which is why we ask people to state that in all new threads. See Before You Post.

If you are talking about RoboHelp 8, then it is easily done. See the RoboHelp Tour on my site and look for the bit on iFrames.

I think it can be done in earlier versions but may be more tricky. I know someone who will advise on that if you do post back saying you are using an earlier version.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm using RoboHelp 8 and the explanation on your site did what I needed. Can the frame size (in red below) be dynamic to fit the content?

<iframe src="save.htm"  

frameborder=0

style="width: 80%; height: 100px;"  

scrolling="no">

</iframe>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not a feature that I use in my work but as far as I recall from when I wrote that bit, it is not possible.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp