3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2007 11:08 AM by willSchoen

Swf to DVD Format

AngelG Level 1
      Hi, I was wondering... If I have a "swf " file that I would like to present in DVD format, how can I do it? It´s there a special conversion software? Any suggestion would be appreciated
        • 1. Re: Swf to DVD Format
          Level 7
          AngelG wrote:

> Hi, I was wondering... If I have a "swf " file that I would like to
          > present in DVD format, how can I do it? It?s there a special conversion
          > software? Any suggestion would be appreciated

Using Linux, I would do it with mplayer, capturing video in a yuv file and
          audio in wav. Then encode these to mpeg streams and multiplex them to a vob
          file, ready to be used as a source for DVD Styler.

Sure, for this single event a bit much to provide success...

Greetings
          Tarper
          • 2. Re: Swf to DVD Format
            Level 7
            Hi

Read this

http://www.flashjester.com/index.php?section=faq&cPath=50#290

--
            Regards
            FlashJester Support Team
            e. - support@flashjester.com
            w. - http://www.flashjester.com

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and
            "mental illness."

• 3. Re: Swf to DVD Format
              willSchoen Level 1
              I've found that running flash with audio on Linux crashes Mplayer. Has anyone else noticed issues with this?

We are running a playlist of sorts, consisting of flash movies (animations, not flash video) and H.264 encoded Quicktime Video. The flash runs as an embedded SWF and the video runs in Mplayer... this is all done in firefox. As soon as a flash movie with sound comes up, Mplayer goes away and no video is played until the browser is re-launched.

This is a unique situation, but if anyone has any advice (or theories) on issues with flash 9 content w/audio jacking up Mplayer, that would be awesome.