• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help - We have the OUTPUT, the published file, but no source!

Aug 20, 2010 Aug 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, a client of mine acquired their help from the original vendor who created the file. The only problem is that the vendor gave me the OUTPUT of the help files, but cannot seem to find the source (the original help source used to create the webhelp). We have the entire output though, we can run the help by calling the welcome.html file on our desktops and see the help, etc.

How can I bring in that compiled or completed help into RoboHelp 8 and perserve most of the content? Can I import the compiled output of a help file created in R6 or R7? We don't mind if we lose the images, since we'll do new screens, but we'd like to perserve the TOC and the basic layout.

In advance, thanks for any help or direction you can provide.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2010 Aug 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What you want to do is called "reverse engineering" - see Peter Grainge's site (grainge.org) and look for that term.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp