Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Viewing Help over SSL with IE 6

New Here ,
May 12, 2006 May 12, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks,

When I view my WebHelp over an SSL connection in IE 6, I receive the popup about viewing Secure and Non-secure items. I also see this error in Firefox 1.0.6 when using the search function, although it seems to have gone away in 1.5.

Anyone know how to resolve this? Is there a patch available?

Thanks,

Tom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tom,

Your post caught my eye as I've just started looking into posting webhelp on a secure server. Not sure I can answer you question but will direct you to a post that I came across the other day;

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=451&threadid=985521&highlight_key...

Also have this site in my SSL links which discusses issues with certificates.
http://www.webhostingmenu.com/web_hosting_with_ssl.html

Have you been having success with posting webhelp on a SSL up until now?

thanks
Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the post and the link. I will follow up on the base href issue that they mention, and will post back what I find out.

As for posting to an SSL server, I don't actually use the "agent" or enterprise edition. I just generate the help and plop the directory on the server. Works fine over port 80, but I get that error on 443. Otherwise, the help works fine.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 17, 2006 May 17, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tom,

Please let us know how you get on.

thanks
Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2006 May 17, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't continued on with it yet, but will do so this afternoon. From that link that you sent, they point to a problem with the base href not having the proper protocol. I will be looking at that first.

Thanks,

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2006 May 23, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Craig,

Finally getting back to this now. You know how it goes, hurry up and wait. :-)

So, now I'm running my IE tests and they are coming out OK in terms of the error message (the secure and insecure message). I'm using a windows laptop (not my primary machine) for this testing, so it is possible that it has been updated. (Current version of IE is 6.0.29).

I still see the searching error on FF 1.0.7 on Linux, though.

I looked into the "base href" issue brought up by the other link, but I don't believe that is my issue, as the location that is put in appears correct.

I noticed that many of the links in the various files use "javascript:" in the href tag, and this is generally considered a no-no. The files that do this are:

ehlpdhtm.js
whform.js
whghost.js
whihost.js
whskin_pickup.htm
whtbar.js
whthost.js
whtopic.js

I may attempt to convert all of these files, if so, I will post my results.

Thanks for the help.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp