• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTTPS and SSL Certificates?

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2010 Aug 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction for the following request:

One important issue for security is that we will want to support HTTPS but not to be required to pay a certification authority (CA) for the SSL certificate.  It is easy enough to generate our own certificate for the server, but I wanted to know how Flex/Actionscript can work with such a setup (an untrusted certificate chain).  Which of the following applies:
-        There is an easy API that allows us to permit requests to be made to the server which uses an untrusted certificate
-        There is no way to allow requests to be made to a server which has an untrusted certificate
-        Requests can be made to the server with an untrusted certificate, but the UI will require a warning be shown
Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 22, 2010 Aug 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Flash player, as such, uses the browser to make server side requests, in general. As for certificates, if the browser allows untrusted certificates, the flash player / flex application should work fine.

Does this answer your query ?

Balakrishnan V

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines