Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converted a Project from 7 to 8 - Won't Publish Now

Aug 23, 2010 Aug 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working nicely wiith my projects in RoboHelp 7. I was upgraded to RH 8. I opened my previous project in 8, made adjustments and tried to publish. No matter what I try, I can't get it to publish in 8. Any suggestions?

Note: I noticed that when I/T installed 8, they didn't uninstall 7. Would that be causing any of these issues?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 23, 2010 Aug 23, 2010

Hi again

In that case the message shown to you in your capture of the output view tells you what you need to do. Generate WebHelp and use that. WebHelp Pro is only intended for working in concert with RoboHelp Server. But many folks opt for that thinking that since it has "Pro" at the end, it just *HAS* to be the Ultimate Best possible form of output and they totally misunderstand why it is there. They think anything other than "Pro", just has to be somehow diminshed in some way and not as good.

I

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite possibly if you only purchased an upgrade licence. That does not entitle you to run both versions and I have known it cause problems.

You might have to uninstall both versions and restart. I recommend you deactivate as well.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've always used WebHelp Pro for all the publishing. Now it doesn't seem like it likes it. Here's a copy of my publishing message:

no publish.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll ask for forgiveness right off the bat because while I'm fairly adept at working with software, the technical "IT stuff" I rarely understand. All my projects were established by a different individual many years ago, so I just maintain what she originally created. I don't believe my Company has the office "RoboHelp Server." I publish to our corporate server to get a URL. I link the URL to a spot on our Intranet so the users can access the info.

Here is a shot of my destination for a different file in RH 7 (publishing this still works):

destination.png

I try to replicate the same thing in 8, but I must be missing something. Here is what my destination looks like in 8:

I'd ask our IT people, but they know less about RH than I do. 😞destination2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

In that case the message shown to you in your capture of the output view tells you what you need to do. Generate WebHelp and use that. WebHelp Pro is only intended for working in concert with RoboHelp Server. But many folks opt for that thinking that since it has "Pro" at the end, it just *HAS* to be the Ultimate Best possible form of output and they totally misunderstand why it is there. They think anything other than "Pro", just has to be somehow diminshed in some way and not as good.

It's an easy trap to fall into.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's working now. Using Webhelp, I changed my settings to generate a file system and then posted to an internal server. I had to change how my paths are directed on the Intranet, but that's cool. It works!!!!!

It's just weird that using WebHelp Pro, I was always able to publish to our server and it worked fine. But like I said, I'm not an IT expert. Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate you taking the time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm back.

I had to update my file and re-publish. Now I'm getting a new error message. I have no idea why this is happening.

no publish2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps see if this thread helps:

javascript:;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 24, 2010 Aug 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. This thread helped me to fix the problem. I appreciate you sending it to me

Jennifer 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp