• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crashes 10 times a day

Explorer ,
May 12, 2006 May 12, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHTML crashes every time when I select a bookmarked topic from the Project list and click Edit. If I select the topic parent name, it does not crash.

RoboHTML crashes frequently when I open a topic.

The error message for both of these situations includes "baseimage_release_u.dll" each time.

Any suggestions?

Margaret Becker

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like we're trying to work the project over the network, don't it, folks?

If that's the case, Margaret, be advised that RH doesn't like it. If it isn't, give us more details about your RH type, version, your output, etc., so that we can work things out for you.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you aren't working over the network, did you have admin privileges when you installed RoboHelp using your login ID? That's another requirement that can cause access problems.

And just by the way, I think that any team that is trying to develop a cross between a rhino and a flamingo is a brave bunch!

Elisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. Nothing on the network... All local. I learned that lesson years ago.
I do/did have administrator privileges always.
RH 5.01 HTML
Output to compiled HTML Help. (Although I can't see what this has to do with it.)
XP Pro 2 All service packs.

And... the Flamingos get very testy when approached by the Rhinos. 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

Margaret, there is one other possibility that comes to mind here. In the past we have seen issues with RoboHelp and video cards. Specifically nVidia cards. IIRC, the fix was to download a driver update for the card. I'm guessing this may be the case with you because the dll mentioned is baseimage_release_u. I'm seeing the "image" part and thinking video adapter here.

Of course there is no guarantee I'm right or this will fix the issue, but it is probably worth a shot.

Hmmm, Rhinos and Flamingoes. Would this be a Rhamingo? Or a Flaming Rhino? LOL, what sort of noise would a "Flaming Rhino" make, anyway? (In my "mind's ear" I'm hearing something along the lines of snagglepuss the cat)

Cheers all... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hmmm... I've got a Radeon X300 video card. I can try a new driver.

In case you really want to know:
www.rhino3d.com
www.flamingo3d.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp