• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cffileupload - return record id after database storage

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2010 Aug 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the cffileupload tag to upload images to a server and store some information about each image into a database.

I'm having trouble working out how to get the Ids of these new records from the process page to be used later on.

The process page successfully moves the file and creates a new record in my database and I can successfully retrieve the new ID for that record I just don't know what to do with it.

I would like to have a list of ids that I can query in the next page.

I've tried using a session variable but that doesn't seem to work, what other options can I look into?

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 16, 2010 Aug 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can successfully retrieve the id of a single record, what exactly went wrong when you tried to store that in a session variable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2010 Aug 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had a look into it and I was trying to add the session info + some other variables in the url path to process the uploading.

I saved the extra info i was passing through the URL into the session and now everything is working.

I don't know if I was concatinating the URL variables wrong or the session variables did not like extras with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation