1 2 Previous Next 55 Replies Latest reply: Apr 29, 2014 4:33 AM by MarioMari RSS

Qvo vadis My Palette?

MarioMari Community Member

Many options illustartors is so conceived.

It looks as if the developers themselves did not have the heart to the beliefs and ideas introduced. The result of this professionalism is not a solution for professionals.

• 1. Re: Qvo vadis My Palette?

Similar examples:

03.jpg

Why Align palette does not work the same way???

02.jpg

• 2. Re: Qvo vadis My Palette?

Similar examples:

06.jpg

08.jpg

• 3. Re: Qvo vadis My Palette?

These are only examples of the problem at Ai.

Do not claim to know the solution. I am not too pleasant to criticize.

I was only in that I lose even though I work in many years, Ai is when someone comes to me is accustom to getting lost in this.

In my opinion, Ai is a lot of unfinished solutions that work everyday after porstu interfere and bring bad atmosphere at work. I feel that new ideas sometimes very good are prepared solely and exclusively for the short ad ffilmowej the time of sale. Where does this road go?

• 4. Re: Qvo vadis My Palette?

Is this a stupid idea to the Appearance palette to gather this information?

Do not be in one place and add or subtract features and attributes of an object?

• 5. Re: Qvo vadis My Palette?

Do users really love Illustrator hundreds of tiny stamps seeded in dozens of panel?

Is it not easier to be in one place with add new property to an object?

15a.png

Number of visible and available options in the palette Apperance (mabe: feature). properitymay depend on your profile work for art boards ord documnet.

For example:
                  1. to the printing.

2. to the Internet.

• 6. Re: Qvo vadis My Palette?

Why can not I move a single appearance?

16.png

• 7. Re: Qvo vadis My Palette?

16a.png

• 8. Re: Qvo vadis My Palette?

Does not really do that as easily as in PhotoShop?

After masking objective is to create a new object on a new shape.

Now I want to quickly hide the object make new shape for further work.

When I wanted to add an invisible form of clustering use the function with an object without a fill and no outline.

21a.png

Why mask adds shape to the disguised object?  If you want to add shape to the masked object after to Create group.

Additionally, this feature is "hidden" masking???

Why so complicate a simple function?

One simple mask in Photoshop and is a proven idea.

12.jpg

• 9. Re: Qvo vadis My Palette?

This is just stupid.

22.png

• 10. Re: Qvo vadis My Palette?

Adobe Illustartor team inspires not catch the rabbit but the chasing.

24.png

• 11. Re: Qvo vadis My Palette?

001.png

The same applies to the Mesh option.Service is complex, inconsistent.

• 12. Re: Qvo vadis My Palette?

Sorry for the mistake in the illustration. This obviously is not version 11, only 14 or 15 Illustartor.

• 15. Re: Qvo vadis My Palette?

Is it a function of a new accident at work? What you can expect new versions of this program?

Ilustartor resembles a Christmas tree on which hangs the glitter without the whole idea.

• 17. Re: Qvo vadis My Palette?

24a.png

• 18. Re: Qvo vadis My Palette?

25.png

• 19. Re: Qvo vadis My Palette?

In the navigation, Illustrator does not have any consequences.

Nothing is intuitive.

• 20. Re: Qvo vadis My Palette?

27a.png

Goto Preferences/General/ and check "Use Preview Bounds"

This changes the property of this property.

SmartGuides still can not work properly.

For example, objects of the same size but with different outline can not be precisely set using SmartGuides to the outer edge of the outline.

• 21. Re: Qvo vadis My Palette?

28.png

• 22. Re: Qvo vadis My Palette?

29b.png

• 23. Re: Qvo vadis My Palette?

30.png

• 24. Re: Qvo vadis My Palette?

31.png

• 25. Re: Qvo vadis My Palette?

1. Gradient: Color palete: Missing: "Create new Swatch" — Again a dead end ...

2. Good idea if this palette can be moved! Now, sometimes obscures the edited picture...

01.png

• 26. Re: Qvo vadis My Palette?

08.jpg

• 27. Re: Qvo vadis My Palette?

Now, to obtain the correct shape on the artboard little I need to draw on a large patch applied expand already been in and out as the shape and not as artbrush. I do not understand this???

Working with Artbrush makes sense only at high magnifications, unfortunately, at such magnifications significantly prolong the effects of raster refresh.

Below a preview of the same line but with different enlargements.

Is it just me mind?

shape for Artbrush

01.png

Note this is not a zoom. Pay attention to the scale:

02.png

03.png

06.png

• 28. Re: Qvo vadis My Palette?

— Again a dead end in may daly work with Illustartor...

Why is this option is disabled Eyedropper tool?

To find the color you'd like to get out of the gradient tool to create swatches and then select the gradient tool???

This reminds palette color palette and misleading because it does not have a known function.

04.jpg

• 29. Re: Qvo vadis My Palette?

Control Palette allows you to quickly manage linked illustrations. Well done. If the image is grouped with the outline of such a longer disappears and you have this option?

11.jpg

• 30. Re: Qvo vadis My Palette?

selct underneath.png

• 31. Re: Qvo vadis My Palette?

10.jpg.png

• 32. Re: Qvo vadis My Palette?

Palete ACTIONS.

If you want to save the option to save as a PDF you must have luck to get this to work.

And as has already successfully set up to remember the settings of PDF (PDF preset) is someone from Adobe has forgotten that in CS4 artboard added option elections and there is no way to remember is ACTIONS.

Instead, the amendment CS4 CS5 appeared with new features and new bugs to these functions.

I do not know whether to buy every second, every third or maybe fourth version of what that something worked to the end?

It makes no sense.

• 33. Re: Qvo vadis My Palette?
                                                                    Muhammad Amjad Khan Community Member

Brush Update issue

you have created open path or stroke &

there is one point selected & illustrator thinks, may be you will change the roundness or curve of that selected piont, in this case illustrator is so smart, when you grab selection tool (Black arrow) you have only that tool & you have still selected one last point, when you select complete stroke, illustrator is so smart & its changes the options in the controle bar to give you facility for applying brush effect that is really nice,you have created new brush in controle bar & applied on stroke, to click on define brush in controle bar it open all brushes for you define your brush, & click out side anywhere it automatic closes that is much better, so that can see complete preview, & about BRUSH UPDATE ISSUE many people don't like to update brush they will creat new brush & will apply, they don't delete brush till they complete their document when they finish they use Default actions also I do alot and in default action you can see there is "delete unused panel Items" in actions for deleting, I use after finishing document (select all unused swatches, brushes, symbols graphic styles), because during the work on document I don't remove or update rough brush sometimes it is usefull.

Align option in Control Bar/panel

Contro bar is great facility to quick apply, why vertical/horizontal distribute space is not in control bar? b/c many users use upper option of align panel, if you need more options you have panel, if every option you you want to get in control bar then why Adobe create panel? & in the cotrol bar you don't have more place for extra options.

( Your Words )

Example control pallete & transform. A good solution to why it was impossible to align the option?     ???

Every time when I select any object/path I see align option in control bar with single or more than one objects.

I am using CS5, in CS5 it happens, if that pic is taken from CS4, may be that hapens in CS4, & CS5 is Improved much better.

About transparency panel : You are really right its additional in CS4 & CS5, before CS4 & CS5 it was necessary & now it is Extra, but also it is better for older users, because I have seen many people using this panel, if you don't like you don't use it, & it is not mistake of Adobe, It is facility. I love Adobe Because Adobe has Given me a nice software.

Message was edited by: Muhammad Amjad Khan Abro

• 34. Re: Qvo vadis My Palette?

Hello, thanks for your answear. I reply in the order:

1. Lack of changing control bar is for me the problem at my work everyday - as a drawer and designer. When I change a tool the control bar ought to change also. In this way I am forced to have other pallets turn on. I waork many years and I still don't understand it.

2. Brush update issue. You can don't believe me but when you are on a conception phase I update very often my brush. There is lack of one simple option - for me it's not worked out. Again I have to have my brush palette with this one lacking funtion. It's not smart. When you use compounded relations the style, symbol, for me are important right names to keep the order in project. I don't like work with hunderts of similar brushes.

3. Align option in Control Bar/panel - that's right. Again next palette on the screen, but there is a control palette yet. Why the access to full align palette from control bar is not made as for transform palette. For two, often used by me, options I have to (again) have showed a full palette. There is no consequnetion in that and build the feeling of chaos. By the way, the best method for using align is shortcut, what Adobie for many years doen't anderstand.

4." Every time when I select any object/path I see align option in control bar with single or more than one objects.

I am using CS5, in CS5 it happens, if that pic is taken from CS4, may be that hapens in CS4, & CS5 is Improved much better.

4. Exactly! It makes me irritated. They sell the verisions 'Beta Idea', which don't have practical tests at work. It ought to be the update to CS4, but not a part of CS5. The Adobe is losing my trust.

5. Transparency panel. Well well well. Ofcourse my habit is my second nature. I feel pain when I am to learn a new version, but then I there is progress. That's why I am a follower of changing habits if it's progressive.

6. If I weren't the Adobe's follower I wouldn't waste my time here. I am just confused now and it dusturbs me at work. When I don't like the new I stay by old. From new version I demand proffessionalism and logic of consequence. 

With regard

Me

• 35. Re: Qvo vadis My Palette?

Added a new option apperance. With this feature, you can create a really cool line styles. Really cool idea!
                                                                        (I only lift-off options from the axis line of the path to the left or right by a distance.)

I do not understand why I can not have all styles of brush in one palette BRUSH?

Again, nice idea but not elaborated on the utility. Another range of unnecessary time in the tech for me Graphic Styles palette must be enabled and displayed on the screen.

For there is no logic in this for the designer but when I create a brush like to have them under one list to choose from is simply easier to work.

013.png

• 36. Re: Opacyty mask no does not recognize the effects?

Illustartor CS4 - Opacyty mask no does not recognize the effects?

Another tricky operation Illustrator. It does not work as logical ex. as the PS.

• 37. Re: Qvo vadis My Palette?

sorry. moved to a different response:

Re: Qvo vadis My Palette?

• 38. Re: Qvo vadis My Palette?

Mask transparency.png

Moreover, why give a view of the mask icon is not displayed next to the name apperance? For example, like the sight of masks in PS?

After all ready proven solution is already in the PS for many years.

What jobs in Mask mode is selected not on the screen such as the mode of operation isolate mode?

mask mode.png

Again, to have a preview if I'm working on a mask if the object has a mask, I have turned on the next range ... Why is everything so complicated and not consistent?

The new palette Apperance + Control Bar is a milestone in Illustrator, but why so badly executed carelessly?

• 39. Re: Qvo vadis My Palette?

Transparency for the whole layer.

Now I can turn on a dim image.

This option should be called differently, eg: "Dim image in outline mode"

It is not enough.

A missing idea is to transparency for all the layers as in PS.

1 2 Previous Next