• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

One slide, two click boxes two options

Contributor ,
Aug 24, 2010 Aug 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to put two click boxes on one slide.

User can either click one box to skip to end of the project or click the other box to move to next slide and continue slide by slide to the end.

I can only get the continue click box to work, nothing happens when I try the "end" option.

I must be missing the obvious....can anyone point it out to me please?

Noel

Staffordshire

England

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Noel

Do the Click Boxes overlap where they share screen real estate? If so, perhaps that's why the one linking to the end of the project is failing.

Another issue could be if you have quizzing enabled. Sometimes folks enable quizzing and configure it so that ALL the elements of the quiz must be answered before it is deemed complete. In this case Captivate will disallow "skipping over" the unanswered questions or quiz elements because they must be answered.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Begin learning Captivate 5 moments from now! $29.95

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcererStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Cp4? Two things spring to mind:

1. Does the first click box pause the project before the second appears on the timeline?
  2. Have you got reporting enabled? If so, in Settings, Required, is any option other than 'Optional - the user can skip this quiz' showing? If it's anything else then an object in between with reporting turned on will block the jump to the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Captivate 4.

Reporting is off...as there is no reporting.

I have removed the 2nd "next" click box for time being, in case that was the problem so only have the one click box now which I want to jump from slide 2  to slide 24 of 24.

Still wont do it. It will allow me to jump from slide 2 (location of the click box) to slide 6...but not to 7 or beyond. Block slide.png

Slide 7 which seems to be the block is a simple screen recording with a single callout on it, nothing else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Noel

Slide 7 may not be the issue.

What does Slide 6 have on it? Can you post a screen capture of the Timeline for that slide?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcererStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, does the project have any Advanced Actions defined? I ask because I've attempted to help others by constructing scenarios where specific slides shouldn't be reached until certain criteria were met.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcererStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick...I have never used Advanced Actions, so unless I have enabled this by mistake, then there should be non

e...where can i check?

Meanwhile here is slide 6...et al

Block slide.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 25, 2010 Aug 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have found out the cause of the problem...Me!

I had placed the click button on slide 2 and instead of taking me to the end slide (23), it was always taking me to slide 7.

After many attempts to fix this...none of which worked, I went home frustrated and overnight the solution came to me.

When I was testing the click button, which should have taken me to slide 23, I was using the F10 option...which only previews the next 5 slides, hence only getting as far as slide 7 (2+5)...

I have now testing it in full project...and it works just fine...

Thought I should send this update, in case anyone else falls into same trap.

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources