• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is there a Linux version of Adobe Creative Suite?

New Here ,
May 27, 2010 May 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can be based on Ubuntu or RedHat. I'm using Adobe CS since from the beginning of the CS and I think before, I still do not understand Why there is no CS in linux?. I do not know who to address the question but would like to have an answer because there are so many designers, artists, architects and others. They would be willing to buy Adobe CS on Linux. And not to mention that many also do not want to buy Apple and much less Windows.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2010 Aug 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wish there was an answer from Adobe on this post. I realize this might not be completely a simple thing, but I think I am probably one of many that would happily move to a linux platform if Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom were available for it. Don't get me wrong I've run stable machines on both Windows Vista and Windows 7, and have not had virus problems. I'd go to Linux for the fact that it will use the hardware I have much better than Windows does. That makes a big difference when running large batches of images in Lightroom or dealing with large files in Photoshop. I don't want to move to a Mac because I'm not interested in the prices or the closed (captive audience) platform.

There are a lot of people out there who think the freebie alternatives will draw Photoshop users away, but the fact of the matter is that most Photoshop users are willing to pay good money for an application they can depend on. And let's face it, we all want to keep our plugins too, so Nik Software and the whole lot of them would have to follow suit. Either way, for many of us Windows users out there, moving to a stable Linux platform would be the better choice..ONLY if we could bring our most critical apps with us!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines