Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automating FlexAdvancedDataGrid with FLEX 4 QTP plug-in

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2010 Aug 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several  problems working with the FLEX 4 QTP plug-in:

1.    It is impossible to  add the object FlexAdvancedDataGrid to QTP Object Repository.

2.    The method of  FlexAdvancedDataGrid GetAutomationChildAt is not working  in the proper  way

e.g I’m trying  to read  column names in advanced data grid in the next manner :

arrColNames(i)  =  objFlexDataGrid.GetAutomationChildAt(i).GetROProperty("automationvalue")

and  Run Error is popped up.

3. The method FlexAdvancedDataGrid.getChildObject is not working at all.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2010 Aug 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

There doesnt seem to be any problem with adding the AdvancedDatagrid component to QTP's object repository. Please log a bug with an attached sample if you are still facing the same http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa

As for being able to retrieve coloumn header names of the AdvancedDatagrid there is currently no API that allows us to do the same.You can log an enhancement request for that http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa

If you are looking at retrieving celldata of the ADG you can do that easily by

aa=Browser("Browser").SparkApplication("Main").FlexAdvancedDataGrid("myADG").GetAutomationChildAt(0).getROProperty("automationname")
msgbox aa
CellContents =Split(aa,"*",-1)
msgbox(CellContents(1))

Hope this helps!

Regards

Shanaz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thank you very much for answering.

Do you have any idea why the method ChildObjects to get all the child objects of FlexAdvancedDataGrid is not working  with ADG.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

There doesn’t seem to be a problem with the ChildObjects method of FlexAdvancedDatagrid.

Please find a sample below

Dim oMatches

Set oMatches =Browser("Browser").SparkApplication("Main").FlexAdvancedDataGrid("myADG").ChildObjects

For i=0 to oMatches.count

msgbox oMatches(i).getROProperty("automationname")

Next

Hope this helps

Regards

Shanaz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thank you very much for helping me

I tried your code :

Dim objFlexTable

Set objFlexTable =  Browser("Browser").SparkApplication("ECNApp").SparkBorderContainer("automationname:=sessDetails","automationindex:=index:9","automationclassname:=SparkBorderContainer").FlexAdvancedDataGrid("automationname:=_SessionDetails_MyADG1","automationindex:=index:12" ,"automationclassname:=FlexAdvancedDataGrid").ChildObjects

For i = 0 to  objFlexTable.Count

objFlexTable(i).getROProperty("automationname")

Next

While debugging this code next exception have been popped-upErrorMessage.JPG

What version of Flex do you use?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I tried to debug your code example

Dim aa

aa=Browser("Browser").SparkApplication("ECNApp").SparkBorderContainer("index:8").FlexAdvancedDataGrid("dg1").GetAutomationChildAt(0).getROProperty("automationname")

msgbox aa

CellContents =Split(aa,"*",-1)

msgbox(CellContents(1))

The Next error message have been popped-up:

GetAutomationChildAt.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

The code sample I sent works fine with my application. Can you please log a bug in our public bugbase http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa

And provide me with your sample mxml application and steps to reproduce so that I can investigate further.

Regards

Shanaz

http://shanazvakil.wordpress.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines