• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

COM Reference in CS5 Missing

New Here ,
May 25, 2010 May 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does any body know what happened to the COM reference in visual studio 2008 for photoshop CS5, i just installed and my CS4 COM vanished and now there is no COM reference for photoshop CS5.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have filed a bug report about this, but no fix as yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so i am guessing i should file a bug report as well so i can be on the response list and move back to CS4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be a good idea, you will need to uninstall CS5 and CS4 then re-install CS4 to get the COM back, bit of PITA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my problem is little different. i want to edit psd file using Photoshop dll and convert to jpg or png format.everything is working fine but without opening Photoshop application its not converting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It has to be open to work but you can have it hidden.

app.Visible = false;

Don't forget to close Photoshop or set app.Visible = true; when your process is complete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should not need to reinstall to get the typelibraries going. Are you using the Object Library or the TypeLibrary for CS4 and CS

5? I found this web site that tells you to register a typelibrary this way:

Type Libraries
Type libraries are binary files that contain all type information needed to utilize procedures and classes in a DLL. To register a type library, you can use regtlib.exe as follows:

1. Select Start » Run.

2. Type the following in the dialog box that appears:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\URTTemp\regtlib.exe  <Full path of .tlb file>
    Where <Full path of .tlb file> is the location of your type library file.

In Visual Studio, I could select the browse button and load up my CS4 type library. I had the CS5 Object Library (ScriptingSupport) and the CS5 TypeLibrary (TypeLibrary.tlb) listed in my COM listing. I just clicked the Browse tab and loaded it that way for CS4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
May 26, 2010 May 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that Tom, but I use the Object library and have searched the Net but haven't found any information on what the file is called, where it is located or how to install it. I do know there are a multitude of registry entries required though. It would be fantastic if there was a way of adding/removing the required Com as you need to run each version of Photoshop on a seperate machine or in a VM to be able to work with the different Photoshop versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

H:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5 (64 Bit)\Plug-ins\Extensions\ScriptingSupport.8li it is a dll and hopefully the program will let it go with an 8li extension instead of dll.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A bit of further digging looks like it should be regasm.exe as that is what is now supplied with .NET unfortunatly it reports that ScriptingSupport.8li is not a valid .Net assembly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2011 Jul 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my Vista machine there are no subdirectories below c:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CS5.5  ie:  No Plugins folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops.  I misspoke there is a plugins but no plugins/extensions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved this (with the help of some of the above suggestions).  Run InDesign as administrator.   BTW the path on my machine is C:\Program Files\Adobe\InDesign\Version 7.5\en_US\Scripting Support\7.5\Resources for Visual Basic.tlb

(I intend to attempt to use this in C#  (I'm thinking it should work since in dot net everything boils down to the clr.  We'll see)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Visual Studio and Adobe CS4 and CS5 installed on a desktop computer and a laptop computer.  The desktop computer is running Windows XP Professional.  The laptop is running windows 7 professional 64-bit.

Everything is fine on the XP computer as regards the two Photoshop Com references.  On the Windows 7 computer I have the same problem as in this thread. 

I went looking for the file regtlib.exe on the Win 7 computer and could not find it.  There is also no C:\WINDOWS\system32\URTTemp directory.  But I did find the file regtlibv12.exe and ran the following from the command prompt and received a successful registration message:

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\regtlibv12.exe "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5 (64 Bit)\TypeLibrary.tlb"

However, this did not fix the problem, and there is still no entry in COM References for Photoshop.  The only thing I didn’t do is reboot the computer, but I don't think that should be necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok after i couple of Days of reading your Replys and Testing some of the COMs from CS4 it looks as though they have not changed much i am acutally using a CS4 COM on Indesign CS5 so a quick remedy to this problem is to go get any of the last version "interop.*adobe_app*.dll" and save those away and load them in, i am seeing that they are still working. but like my self i am sure you all want to be using the latest COMs and would like to see the reference in Visual Studio (i know it would make me feel better).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2010 May 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand your suggestion. 

On my XP computer where I have COM references for Photoshop CS4 and CS5 and everything is working fine in automating Photoshop via Visual Studio.  However, there are no interop files associated with Adobe that I can find on the computer via a search.

On my Windows 7 64-bit computer, were I cannot set any reference to an Adobe COM component for Photoshop CS4 or CS5, there is only one such interop file, and it is interop.AdobdPDFMakerX.dll

On the Windows 7 computer, as COM components, from Visual Studio I do have listed Adobe Illustrator CS4 & CS5 Type Libraries along with an Adobe InDesign CS4 Type Library but no InDesign CS5 library.  And nothing for Photoshop.

So there seems to be something different about the installation on Win 7 64-bit and Win XP. It would be interesting to know what others having these problems are using for operating systems.

An interesting point is that if I write a Photoshop automation Windows Forms program on the XP computer using Visual studio, then I can simply take the executable and run it on the Win 7 64-bit computer with no problem.

Message was edited by: William LaMartin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your project folder (your photoshop automation project) under bin\debug or obj\debug there should be an interop.photoshop.dll file. But as you can see I said should, which probably needs to be changed to "could", because at this point in time im not sure of anything except that Im probably wrong. But hey give it shot it might be there, that is were I found mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will only find the Interop.Photoshop.dll in a subfolder of your Visual Studio project if you have been allowed by Visual Studio to add a reference to the Photoshop COM component in the first place, I think.  Certainly there was no such file anywhere in on my Windows 7 64-bit computer.

However, you gave me an idea.  So, I looked in the same Visual Studio project on my Win XP computer, where I had been successful in adding a Photoshop reference--and I indeed did find the file, Interop.Photoshop.dll.  Well, I simply copied that file to my Win 7 computer and then from the VS project there browsed to find the file and add a reference to it and bingo everything worked with my Photoshop automation program.

However, Photoshop still does not show up as one of the COM reference options as, I think, you noted earlier.

Thanks, very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2010 Jun 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to create the COM interop with the trial version?  I have tried to produce the interop library on WinXP SP2 with Visual Studio 2008 Pro using the trail version, but the COM library was not available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jun 16, 2010 Jun 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need the COM library before you can create the interop, catch 22!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2010 Jun 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what I was trying to create.

But the COM reference was not available in my VS2k8Pro when I used the Trial version of photoshop.

I'll try and see if I can use my co-worker's WinVista computer and install VS2K8 on it since he has a license and see if that pops-up, but it would be easier if anyone can share how they managed to setup their enviroment.

Right now, I'm frustrated at how many hoops I had to go through to get an interop file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2010 Jul 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did someone had any success with this ? I have the same problem using Photoshop CS4. I tried two installations of CS4 on two different platforms (WinXP 64 bits), but the Object Library is still not present in the COM tab from Visual Basic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2010 Jul 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have posted to two files, Interop.Photoshop.dll and Interop.PhotoshopTypeLibrary.dll to my Skydrive account.  Go to the link

http://cid-46b00517087d3532.skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?resid=46B00517087D3532!114&Bpub=SDX.Docs&Bs... and you can download them. I think you should only need the Interop.Photoshop.dll. Add a reference it in your Visual Studio project, and everything should work fine with automating Photoshop via Visual Studio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2010 Jul 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2010 Jul 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Err, how do I access to those files ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines