Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embedded Flash Animation Won't Pause with Slide; Gray Screen on Resume

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2010 Aug 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We've added a Flash animation to a slide but when the we pause that slide, the animation keeps playing. Furthermore, when we resume, the whole movie goes gray.

Extra: this slide also has audio. We could add it to the animation, that's not a problem, but the animation needs to work first!

Thanks!

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 23, 2010 Aug 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

To your first question of animation not pausing when the slide pauses is the expected behavior.

The animation object timing and slide timing are independent of each other.

If you are using Captivate 5 version, then the animation can be made to pause along with the slide by adding animation as slide background. (Animation Slide)

On resuming the slide, the animation should not turn out grey unless it has some grey colour!!

Is it possible to share the animation? you can e-mail to my e-mail address vikranth@adobe.com.

Thanks,

Vikranth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2010 Aug 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was not the embedded animation that turned gray but the whole slide!

Since the original animation was from Captivate, we just copied the slides instead of trying to embed the swf. Our immediate needs are thus fulfilled. However, in the future, we will try the animation as a slide background if we need to do something similar.

(Unfortunately, I cannot share the animation because of corporate policy.)

Note: The question has not been answered but I marked it as answered because I no longer need an answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2010 Aug 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Embedding Captivate SWF' into another CP-file is not always working well. Just want to recommend a widget developed by Michael Lund, in a AS2 and a AS3 version. If you are using this workflow a lot, could be interesting. Have a look:

http://www.cpguru.com/2010/08/19/loader-widget-for-adobe-captivate-5/

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources