• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Menu Options in Flash Builder

Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2010 Aug 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encountered a mystery surrounding several missing menu options in  one of my Flash Builder workspaces recently. I wanted to create a new  skin for a List control so I right-clicked on my skins folder and looked  for the New MXML Skin option. And I looked. And I looked some more. But  it wasn't there.

I happened to have another copy of Flash Builder open in another  workspace so I gave it a try in that project. Sure enough, the New MXML  Skin option was there along with a couple of other options that were  missing in the first workspace. Here's a list of the menu options  missing from the File --> New menu in this workspace:

• Flash Professional Project
  • MXML Item Renderer
  • MXML Skin

I'm not sure why those menu options went missing but I was able to  work around it by recreating the workspace. I simply created a new  workspace, copied all of the projects into the new workspace folder and  then imported all of my projects into the new folder. I then had a full  set of menu items.

I poked around a bit trying to figure out what went wrong but wasn't  able to find a conclusive answer. My best guess is that it has something  to do with the fact that I was previously running the Flex 4 beta and  that's when I created the workspace with the problem. I compared the  workspace .metadata folder and, curiously, there were 25 folders inside  the .plugins folder for the problem workspace but only 12 for the newly  created one.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 29, 2010 Aug 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an eclipse thingy, menus get cached in the workspace' metadata. If you try using a newer build of Flash Builder with a workspace from the previous version, you may notice this behavior.

The workaround is to create a new workspace and import all projects there.

-mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2010 Aug 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can also try window -> reset perspective.

Thanks

-Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines