Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE/PDF copying and text box issue

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2010 Aug 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

1. When I copy the text from a PDF page which features additional text in a separate box, the text within the box and entire page gets copied. Even I can copy entire PDF text.

2. But when I copy the text from PDF in ADE; on a page which features additional text in a separate box, the text within the box is not copied. I have to copy and paste the text outside the box, then do a separate copy and paste of the text inside the box.

3. The same PDF when openned through ACSM (With Permissions below), copy paste behaviour remains same.

Print Pages:100

Print Interval: 31536000

Copy Selection: 100

Copy Interval: 31536000

Solutions tried:

1. Re-Distill PDF

2. Reordering of text, images and box features on the page in PDF. Using "TouchUp Reading Order" in Adobe Acrobat Professional.

So it seems, the problem is not with PDF but it is with ADE. Please check if someone can guide us.

Adobe(R) Digital Editions version: 1.7.2.1131

PDF Producer: Acrobat Distiller 7.0.5 for Macintosh

PDF version: 1.3 (Acrobat 4.x)

Tagged PDF: No

Cheers,

Vikas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 29, 2010 Aug 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have another problem and nobody from this company reply to my messages!...

Digital Editions SUCKS SO BAD!!!!!

Please  someone reply to me....or show me that Digital Editions is  great!..

I can copy any fragment for my ebook.... for my  research...and why it was working the first day??????....

now  copy is not working this software is bbbbbbaaaaadddd!...so  BAD!.....people don´t use this until we fix this type of problems!...

Please send me an email to this address...

s3233093@student.rmit.edu.au

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2010 Sep 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This software should be off the market. I bought one book and will never use this effin format again. Cant print. Cant copy. Cant move the file. The software is buggy and sucks..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines