Expand my Community achievements bar.

Out of memory when coverting large files using Web service call

Level 2

I'm running into an out of memory error on the LiveCycle server when converting a 50 meg Word document with a Web service call.  I've already tried increasing the heap size, but I'm at the limit for the 32 bit JVM on windows.  I could upgrade to a 64 bit JVM, but it would be a pain and I'm trying to avoid it.  I've tried converted the 50 meg document using the LiveCycle admin and it works fine, the issue only occurs when using a web service call.  I have a test client and the memory spikes when it's generating the web service call taking over a gig of memory.  I assume it takes a similar amount of memory on the receiving end which is why LiveCycle is running out of memory.  Does any one have any insight on why passing over a 50 meg file requires so much memory?   Is there anyway around this?

-Kelly

1 Reply

Level 2

Hi,

You are correct that a complete 64bit environment would solve this. The problem is that you will get the out of memory error when the file is written to memory on the server. You can solve this by creating an interface which stores large files on the server harddisk instead, which allows you to convert as large files as LC can handle without any memory issue.