Expand my Community achievements bar.

Help with submit button remove null value

Level 2

Hello,

First of all I dont know much about java, but I wanted to create a submit button and I did alot of research.  I want a button that will email some pdf files I have created in LiveCycle.  So far everyting works but my code needs help.

There are a few fields I want to be place in the body of the e-mail, but if left blank I dont want null to apear on the email subject or body.

Here is what I have so far *this is a work around I like to konw the proper code.

var

strToAddress, strCCAddress, strSubject, strMessage

strToAddress

= myemail@atwork;

strCCAddress

= myemail@atwork;

strSubject

= "Account "+DropDownList1.rawValue+" For: " +last.rawValue +", " +first.rawValue +" " +mi.rawValue;

if

(mi.rawValue ==null || mi.rawValue =="")strSubject = "Account "+DropDownList1.rawValue+" For: " +last.rawValue +", " +first.rawValue;

strMessage

= "Please " +DropDownList1.rawValue +" account for " +"\n"+first.rawValue +" " +mi.rawValue +". " +last.rawValue +"\n\n*All provisions in  have been met" +"\n\n Comments: " +com.rawValue;

if

(mi.rawValue ==null || mi.rawValue =="")strMessage = "Please " +DropDownList1.rawValue +" account for " +"\n"+first.rawValue +" " +last.rawValue +"\n\n*All provisions in have been met" +"\n\n Comments: " +com.rawValue;

event.target.submitForm({cURL

:"mailto:"+ strToAddress + "?cc=" + strCCAddress + "&subject=" + strSubject + "&body=" + strMessage,cSubmitAs:"PDF",cCharset:"utf-8"});

//this.resolveNode("#event").submit.target = "mailto:"+ strToAddress + "?cc=" + strCCAddress + "&subject=" + strSubject + "&body=" + strMessage;

The 4 fields am working on are First name, last name, Mi and comments.  First and last are alwasy used, but if MI is not I dont want Null in there, with what I have above it works but its messy.  I wanted to do the same with Comments if its left blank I like for it to read "Comments: None" not null

on the If statement I just re did the whole deal with out the  mi.rawvalue but i now that is not right way... any help would be great.

Thanks

1 Reply

Level 8

I believe that you should re-post this in either the Forms or the Designer forum.  You are more likely to get the right folks to look at it there.

Generally this forum is for building custom Document Service Component (DSC) plugins that extend the LiveCycle ES server side product.